PDA

View Full Version : Manning and Tennessee GU's

saintsfan
05-23-2007, 03:18 PM
There is a book out about the Manning family, I read it about a couple of years ago before I was a GU member.

In the book Peyton says that he was short of spending money. The long and short of it is that he would get multiple game jerseys in a season and they would be given to boosters in exchange for what amounted to either work or money (can't recall which). If someone has that book they can clarify, but bottom line, Peyton ran through a lot of jerseys at Tennessee.

I had a current Texas A&M linebacker working for me two summers ago. I asked him if he could get additional jerseys like that and he said heck no.

Tom

Nathan
05-23-2007, 09:53 PM
I think it was actually Archie Manning who went through two jerseys a game, selling them for $100 apiece for beer money.

If Peyton had gone through that many, trust me when I say I would have picked one up by now. And they'd all have the right length sleeves, dagblastit!

Eric
05-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Here's the jersey I'm looking for. Eli, thanks for Philip Rivers, Shawne Merriman and Nate Kaeding.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/04/us_sport_us_sport0s_2004_in_pictures/img/4.jpg