PDA

View Full Version : Hampton and Dent Jerseys from eBay

CollectGU
05-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Dan Hampton and Richard Dent jersey for sale (by the same seller) on ebay a couple of months ago? If so does anyone have link to those auctions?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Dave

34swtns
05-24-2007, 09:51 PM
I do remember those auctions.....very well, in fact.
The seller's ID is "fourchasers". I e-mailed him during the auctions voicing concerns about the sizing issues of both jerseys and he basically told me I couldn't know for sure if the sizes I knew those 2 players had worn "covered every jersey they ever wore".

Both jerseys' sizes were incorrect for their respective players and based on the lack of substantial wear that either of those players would've incurred during any game in which they played in would indicate that both were most likely merely retail authentics.

Oddly enough, the certs for both jerseys were supplied by "Authentic Gamers. Com" and the Dent jersey was won by ebay user "authenticgamersinc".

Here are the links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280098163013&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280098162063&rd=1&rd=1

CollectGU
05-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Rob Steinmetz is a forum adminstratorr and member of the experts corner for the forum. He may be able to answer these questions. Thank you for the links. I am always looking to purchase Bears game worn jerseys from that era. Please keep me in mind if you are looking to sell.

Regards,
Dave

RobSteinmetz
05-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Dave and Rick,

I did buy back the Richard Dent jersey on eBay, the same jersey that was sold by me several years earlier (at the time of the original sale, I supplied my LOA). I sold both jerseys to one collector, who chose to sell his collection through a storefront eBay listing agent. For that reason, I would imagine questions went unanswered because the listing agent had no idea what he/she was selling.

Both jerseys were listed on my website for sale for at least a year, and I never received any questions about the size of the jerseys. I purchased both jerseys from someone I consider a very trustworthy football collector, and felt 100% confident in them. If a forum member has evidence (based in fact) to the contrary, I'd welcome the opportunity to review that information. We all make mistakes, and I'm certainly not infallible.

Some forum members may not be aware of the fact that my website once offered game used memorabilia from all sports, including football. Almost two years ago, I chose to focus my buying and selling efforts solely on baseball. Needless to say, my lifetime authenticity guarantee still is in effect for those non-baseball items that have been sold by me over the years. Unlike some auction houses, I don't promote an "all sales are final" policy.

Best,

34swtns
05-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Rob,
Thanks for addressing my concerns via your e-mail. I have responded in kind.

Dave,
I'm also a buyer of Bears 80's-era Wilson game jerseys. Please send me your list of potential trade material and I will send you mine.

Take care and a great holiday weekend to both of you.
Rick

RobSteinmetz
05-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Allow me to take this opportunity to thank Rick for his insight into Wilson-era Chicago Bears jerseys. I had the pleasure of exchanging emails with him this afternoon, and he shared some valuable information that raises some questions in my mind about the Hampton and Dent jerseys. As a result, I will make sure the Richard Dent jersey that I bought back (on eBay) is taken off the market. I would also like to extend the following offer:

To show my commitment to doing what is right for the industry, I will offer the buyer of the Dan Hampton jersey with my LOA the opportunity to return the jersey for a refund of the full eBay purchase price of $908 plus shipping costs. Additionally, given my current and future affiliations with Game Used Universe, Chris Cavalier has offered to have GUU share in the costs of any refund to show their commitment to collectors that they will be treated fairly when dealing with those affiliated with GUU. I appreciate Chris and GUU's faith in me, and their willingness to back me up in a situation where a mistake may have been made.

Feel free to call me at 708.250.5220 or email authenticgamers@aol.com (authenticgamers@aol.com) with any further questions.

Best,

sportscentury
05-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Allow me to take this opportunity to thank Rick for his insight into Wilson-era Chicago Bears jerseys. I had the pleasure of exchanging emails with him this afternoon, and he shared some valuable information that raises some questions in my mind about the Hampton and Dent jerseys. As a result, I will make sure the Richard Dent jersey that I bought back (on eBay) is taken off the market. I would also like to extend the following offer:

To show my commitment to doing what is right for the industry, I will offer the buyer of the Dan Hampton jersey with my LOA the opportunity to return the jersey for a refund of the full eBay purchase price of $908 plus shipping costs. Additionally, given my current and future affiliations with Game Used Universe, Chris Cavalier has offered to have GUU share in the costs of any refund to show their commitment to collectors that they will be treated fairly when dealing with those affiliated with GUU. I appreciate Chris and GUU's faith in me, and their willingness to back me up in a situation where a mistake may have been made.

Feel free to call me at 708.250.5220 or email authenticgamers@aol.com (authenticgamers@aol.com) with any further questions.

Best,

Rob - thanks for sharing this and for being one of the good guys - good of Chris to help out, as well.
Reid

RobSteinmetz
06-22-2007, 06:53 PM
As a final update to this thread, we were able to track down the Dan Hampton jersey (with the help of Vintage Authentics, who put me in touch with the winning bidder from the eBay auction). Chris Cavalier of Game Used Universe and I purchased the jersey back for the original eBay purchase price, and added extra money to cover any shipping costs that the previous owner might have absorbed. Thanks to everyone who helped us make this situation right.

Best,