PDA

View Full Version : Another Football League why??????

suave1477
05-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Here is my thing they have tried so many times with other football leagues and they dont work out. They either end up defunct or merged into the NFL. So its a proven move that doesn't work. Why keep trying????:rolleyes:

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-newfootballleague&prov=ap&type=lgns

bat_master
05-31-2007, 08:32 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with Jason. I agree with Cuban that there is a demand for football:

"It's a pretty simple concept," Cuban said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "We think there is more demand for pro football than supply."

However, the demand is for GOOD FOOTBALL. If they actually create the league using players from lower rounds or undrafted players:

"Cuban said in his e-mail he believes the salary cap makes it easier to compete financially with the NFL because of the salary imbalance that leaves lower-level players with lower salaries. That would allow the new league to fill its rosters with players taken lower than the second round, as well as late NFL cuts and free agents who escape the NFL draft."

Wouldn't this just create a league with less overall talent which in turn would create a league that is inferior to the NFL and won't compete?

TNTtoys
05-31-2007, 09:04 AM
A league of those players who aren't good enough to be drafted by the NFL already exists... And now it's called "NFL Europe." We all know that this is football's equivalent of "AAA" and its ratings are piss poor... I think Cuban should study the revenues of this league and possibly former footbll failures such as the "XFL" to realize that there could only be 1 league that draws the fans, the revenue, etc. Maybe what is needed is another expansion draft... A couple of extra teams into the NFL can't hurt anyone -- it might even make it more difficult to make the post season, the way it was back when I was growing up. Cuban would stand to make far more money owning a new NFL franchise than to venture out on an entire league of B-rated players...

suave1477
05-31-2007, 09:05 AM
Were gonna get so desperate for more sports

Before you know it, there gonna create another Baseball League where players from different countries play for there countrys team and MLB auctions off there game used stuff lmaooooo:D