PDA

View Full Version : I'm now officially the most craziest collector out there...

kylehess10
05-31-2007, 09:09 PM
I don't know why but for some reason I thought this was cool and I wanted it.....and I won it for $12.75 :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290121570894&rd=1&rd=1

MAYBE I CAN FIND A PHOTOMATCH! :D

Eric
05-31-2007, 09:41 PM
You're a sick man. If you like it, I'm glad you got it. He signed it game used, I don't want to know what games they were playing in the shower

suave1477
05-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Kylehess your a sick sick puppy lol lol:D

Enjoy your one shoe lol lol

But he cool thing is you can make that your niche, become the biggest odd item game used collector and the beauty of it is I am sure most of the stuff would be inexpensive. Now only if you can get the Game Used Mark McGwire Jock Strap lol lol

Jags Fan Dan
06-01-2007, 07:27 AM
I can see the appeal. I bought a bag of game used Jaguars odds and ends off of eBay a couple of years ago and it is still one of the most interesting purchases I have made. Game used gloves, elbow pad, under-armour shirt, ankle brace, towel (like QBs have on the field) all scavenged from the lockerroom in Indy after a game. Stuff like that is cool!

metsbats
06-01-2007, 07:39 AM
KyleHess

You need to start a search for the other shoe to make a complete pair. I think you should place a post in the Items Wanted thread to make the circle complete :D

David

metsbats
06-01-2007, 07:42 AM
I personally think the game used sock collector is still one below you on the collector's food chain :D

ChrisCavalier
06-01-2007, 02:06 PM
MAYBE I CAN FIND A PHOTOMATCH!
Hey Kyle,

I would personally recommend staying away from websites that could provide a photomatch for a "game used shower shoe" :eek:

In any event, I hope you enjoy your item.

-Chris

Swoboda4
06-01-2007, 02:36 PM
How do you enjoy a shower shoe? Personally,I have issue with this being game used. All game used shower shoes I've seen have the MLB label at the back heel and NOT on the front instep. This is obviously a spring training shower shoe. Elite has been selling these to unsuspecting first time shower shoe buyers for the past 3 weeks. According to KIngjammy24 primer on shower shoe labels the 2007 MLB shower shoe label is also smaller by half. Prior to 2003 the MLB label was on the bottom of the shoe. And also according to Rudy prior to 1995 over-the -counter flip-flops were the only shoes worn(with no type of shower shoes worn at all prior to 1983).The first person who wore shower shoes,and he wore them with socks,was Casey Stengel. And he insisted on taking showers only if Raplh Houk guarded the bathroom door.
http://pro.corbis.com/images/U1241247.jpg?size=67&uid={013c0c6f-9dbb-464d-bcf1-698f4c3346a9}

suave1477
06-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Swoboda that has to be one of the funniest things on here all I have to say to you was LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO:D :D

Swoboda4
06-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Kyle,Only kidding, we all got some off beat G/U items. Search old threads for a complete listing from most members. I got a tomato plant from the Shea Stadium bullpen(Game used tomatos)-not kidding. While I was there I found a "daily sheet" that are available to players listing the opposing team strenths and weakness and what each players ststs were for the past week. It was rolled up and under bullpen bench. It was on the Yankees!
Suave-by the way were you at the Steiner met game vs the Giants? I was too embarrased to yell out "hey,who's from Game Used Forum?" Did you get anything and did you see the rack of game used jackets/BP shirts in the middle of the room when you walked in? I didn't realize what it was and by then it was picked clean. Most were being sold for $100. One guy grabbed 3 off the rack real fast went to Brooks Cowan and said,I'll take these three. He had a look on his face like "I can't believe nobody took these already". I wonder who's they were. All had a Steiner LOA tucked inside the jacket/BP Shirt.
http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-17616684.jpg?size=67&uid={dc9e0385-b834-495f-b951-c7853afd056a}

metsbats
06-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Robert

I met up with Suave, TNToys (Jason and Nick) at the Mets Steiner party last Tuesday. All I needed to do was ask Bob Malandro who were the guys from the forum.

Sorry we didn't get to meet you.

I think most of the jackets on the racks were from coaches but I thought there was at least one player jacket (no. 20 Shawn Green i think)

David

jboosted92
06-02-2007, 09:21 AM
You're a sick man. If you like it, I'm glad you got it. He signed it game used, I don't want to know what games they were playing in the shower

Well if it was the "YANK"ee locker room, they were probably playin "put the bat in the back rack"...

haah

Swoboda4
06-02-2007, 10:56 AM
David,I saw the #20 jacket. It was going for $200. I feel better ,for a minute I thought there was a #7,21,or 13 in there.I was sitting with my son,in the first row of seats just foul of the foul pole. Interesting item that was put up for bid was home plate(with a lot of use on it)from 2006. I think it went for $600.
During last years playoffs I remember Cliff Floyd being pestered about where the MLB label was on his shower shoes. Being fed up,and to end the questioning he angrily showed them that the label was not on the front.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72222846.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB075D769E181C00A2

suave1477
06-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Swoboda yes I was there me and Tntoys and MetsBats

Im surprised you didnt recognize I was the only one wearing a Strawbery Jersey lol lol:D

I saw all the game used jackets there was no big names, everything they brought including the auction stuff was lower end stuff except for the Reyes and I think they had a Wright Jersey

Great game though it was well worth it

You should of asked around it wouldnt have been so bad

I couldnt believe someone bid on the Chavez Home run ball :rolleyes:

TNTtoys
06-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Swoboda -- ditto what everyone said before me -- you should have asked around. I am sure you would have found us! Jason and I stayed to the very end... but you can't really call us "die-hards" because more than half of the stadium stayed til the end of the game.

I have met Jason on a number of occasions already, but it was the first time I got to meet David (Metsbats).

Overall, a great night...

Game couldn't have been better (especially the way we won... and the "love" the crowd showed for Barry was classic)... Apart from the game, I bid on one item at the event and was beaten by another friend of mine... and his bid took it home too to add insult to injury... It was Jorge Sosa's game used Mother's day home pinstripe jersey w/ pink ribbon. Went for I believe $270, which was not too bad considering what some of the other stuff was going for.
Another friend of mine went to game 3 of the series, and Steiner apparently was still set up there. He mentioned that they had another 15-ball showcase with 15 single-signed balls of all of the current Mets stars. It went for $800, same as Tuesday night.
Also, he told me that the leftover BPs and bench jackets were going for fairly cheap. He picked up Royce Ring's because it fit him. I remember it was there on Tuesday... but I am really not much of a jacket collector, so I didn't even give it any thought.

I took about a dozen photos. I have a nice one of myself, my son and Mookie. I also took some shots of the game from the box. I lucked out on Delgado's home run swing in the 4th!! Don't ask me how -- but I predicted this one. I had not taken a single photo of the game until Delgado got up. Not a single Met had gotten a hit to this point. Apart from a single walk, "little Timmy" had retired everyone he faced. I turned to my son and said -- watch, he's going to hit a home run. I lined up my camera and shot... and there it went!!!
For your enjoyment, here's that photo and one of the scoreboard at the end of the night.

Swoboda4
06-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Nick thats a great photo(s)of the HR. Thats about where I was sitting.Probably to your left. I had the "dead soldier" budweiser bottles lined up who banged his head on the overhang when I stood up. There was a guy who sat between us who picked up his pinstriped Gomez Mothers Day jersey(first jersey worn by Gomez by the way-true rookie jersey)with the dirt from his first stolen base on it. I found out that Gomez's jersey went for $600,the Sosa then went for $270. So actually I'm the craziest collector because I bought a Mother's Day Endy Chavez pinstripe for $700(Steiner). But then again thats where Chavez is on the "foodchain" with Wright's jersey going(starting bid) $1,500. When you think of it there's not too many G/U jerseys(pink ribbon) that can be absolutely linked to a game. Chavez made a great catch and hit a double with it. I photo matched a pine tar mark on the left shoulder. Ten years from now were all going to laugh that a Wright jersey went for the low price of $1,500.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/74210665.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935A6DEC864C2BC5D9A225B97B54445FC4