PDA

View Full Version : Steve Carlton bat in Mastro - Lefty's autograph?

sportscentury
06-06-2007, 12:30 PM
http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=72524&LastLotListing=Lot%20Search%20List&CurrentRow=1

John Taube and Vince Malta do a nice job for PSA/DNA in terms of bats. However, I've questioned many PSA/DNA autographs over the years. The Lefty autograph on this bat doesn't match any of mine (I have over 50 Lefty autographs between balls, gloves, jerseys, bats, cards, photos, etc.), though it is graded a perfect 10. What do folks think?

Reid

MooseDog
06-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I don't have as many Carlton autographs as you do but I do have few and none have that "S".

skyliner59
06-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Seems, for a buck these authenticators will pass anything. I have almost as many Carltons as you Reid and none look like that. I seriously distrust all of these authenticators. I once purchased a 1913 national game card that had been authenticated by SGC. Once I received it and compared it to the rest of my set it was an obvious forgery, but somehow was graded and encapsulated by SGC. They admited their mistake but it took me 6 months to be reimbursed. Be weary of all of them.

sportscentury
06-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Guys, thanks for the input - I concur. It's a nice bat, but the auto is simply too far off for me. I like the duct tape look, though. :)

Reid