PDA

View Full Version : Broadway Ricks Auction

kahuna23
01-12-2006, 09:15 PM
I am new to the Game Used hobby. I saw some really nice things at Broadway Ricks Auction and was wondering how this auction site was, if anyone had any problems, nice feeedback, etc.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Steve

earlywynnfan
01-13-2006, 10:41 AM
I think the best way to sum Rick up would be that he has a lot of great stuff and a little bit of "iffy" stuff.

He also can be a decent guy to work with, but he is not always, uh, trustworthy. Personally, and this is a gripe about him that I haven't read before, I hate how on ebay he'll start something off cheap and then yank it at the last minute because it isn't going for "his" price. I have never won a large-ticket item of his because of this, and by now i rarely even bid.

Here's how I deal with him: if i find something i like (and he does have tempting items!), I'll research the heck out of it to make sure I know EXACTLY what I'm bidding on, and then I'll bid happily.

Ken

geoff
01-13-2006, 01:58 PM
I bought something on ebay from him before.I gave him positive feedback and he never gave it back to me in return.I emailed him and he said he would but never did.Hope this helps any.Geoff

Yankwood
01-13-2006, 05:47 PM
About a month and a half ago, he had a Bobby Grich Rochester Red Wings flannel jersey on ebay. The day before the auction ended he sent me a note saying it was taken off ebay because it wasn't getting enough action. I thought that was what reserve prices were for. I just don't like the way they do business.

otismalibu
01-13-2006, 05:53 PM
The day before the auction ended he sent me a note saying it was taken off ebay because it wasn't getting enough action.

Why not just set a reserve?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3078735/

Greg

aaron1050
01-14-2006, 01:09 PM
About a month and a half ago, he had a Bobby Grich Rochester Red Wings flannel jersey on ebay. The day before the auction ended he sent me a note saying it was taken off ebay because it wasn't getting enough action. I thought that was what reserve prices were for. I just don't like the way they do business.

Hmn, at least that's a more honest strategy that the fraud that Brodway Rick has been known for. (He is of the most notorious shill bidder on E-Bay as the link below details.)

(****NAME CALLING AND GUESSING WHAT SOMEONE MIGHT BE DOING WITH NO PROOF HAS BEEN REMOVED***)

I like to stay away from dealers who I know have commited fraud, but like I said, if you don't mind the possibility of being defrauded and as long as you feel going in that you are aware of his history and are still getting a good deal, then to each his own.