PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James

spataaz
06-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Hello:
Can anyone really with confidence say they have ever seen a true Lebron James Game Worn/Used jersey? I have never seen one with a team letter or come from him????? Also the concerning thing is that all the jerseys we do see are the same with a Mears letter rated A5. I think its funny that people are spending what I think is crazy ammount of money for what most would consider a game issued jersey. I dont really believe the jersey is real unless it comes with a real team or NBA letter. I also have never seen a Throwback/Retro Lebron James jersey???? I saw one jersey listed on Ebay once called Game Issued and was a true Retro jersey said to have been given to a fan and the fan listed it. The jersey was then snapped up and the auction was over before anyone could bid on it. Anybody really know where you can get something you can really sleep at night knowing its real. I would really love to even have a game issued retro or throwback jersey.

Any Feedback would help.

indyred
10-20-2007, 10:44 AM
His Orange throwback Hardwood Classic is up now from MeiGray on nab.com auctions ! I saw on another forum about it also being photo matched to both games. Will be interesting to see what this one ends at.
http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=87792681&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=88139391

sportscentury
10-20-2007, 11:51 AM
His Orange throwback Hardwood Classic is up now from MeiGray on nab.com auctions ! I saw on another forum about it also being photo matched to both games. Will be interesting to see what this one ends at.
http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=87792681&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=88139391

Hi, Indy -

Do you happen to know how one would go about photo-matching this jersey? Does it have a team repair or some other kind of unique mark?

Thanks,
Reid

indyred
10-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Here is the email posted from Barry on another board. Maybe he will see this and chime in on the photo-matches.

Hi everybody,

The NBA & MeiGray Game-Worn Authentication Program is just about ready to kick off its 2007-08 season.

An announcement will be coming shortly introducing the participating teams, the sets of jerseys that will be available throughout the season via NBA Auctions, the teams who will make their game-worn jerseys available for pre-order at nbagameworn.com, and NBA Authenticated game-worn jerseys for sale from previous seasons at meigray.com.

MeiGray, via NBA Auctions, is already hosting the first two 2007-08 auctions:

----Hardwood Classics Auction 1, which features the 2006-07 Hardwood Classics jerseys worn by the Cleveland Cavaliers, San Antonio Spurs and Atlanta Hawks. This auction has begun, and it ends on November 1, beginning at 9 PM EST.

Finally, a comprehensively authenticated, photo-matched Lebron James game-worn jersey is available to the collecting public. The highlight of Hardwood Classics Auction 1 is a Cavalier orange jersey worn by Lebron James on November 25, 2006 and December 6, 2006, with conclusive photo matches of the same jersey to both games.

----The set of 42 NBA Rookie Event-Worn jerseys from the 2007 NBA Rookie Photo Shoot, held at the Madison Square Garden Training Center in Tarrytown, New York on July 27, 2007. That auction has begun, and ends Thursday, October 25, beginning at 9 PM ET.

Jerseys worn during the photo shoot by Portland's Greg Oden and Seattle's Kevin Durant highlight this auction.

MeiGray Group, the Official Game-Worn Source of the NBA, offers collectors the highest standards of authenticity, integrity and reliability for an exciting array of game-worn and game-used items. Every game-worn and game-used item comes directly off the backs of the NBA’s greatest players and directly off the courts from the league’s most exciting events under the watchful eyes of an NBA or MeiGray Authentication Program representative.

Every item offered by NBA and MeiGray is authenticated and registered into the NBA Authentication Program Database. Every item is worthy of a Hall of Fame-caliber sports collection because every item is unconditionally guaranteed for life to be game-worn or game-used.

We welcome your questions, and your requests for jerseys.

Thanks,

Barry Meisel
MeiGray

BarryMeisel
10-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi Reid,

Thanks for asking that question.

As you know personally from the experiences we enjoyed photo-matching the Alex Rodriguez Texas Rangers jerseys, it is not difficult to photo-match jerseys when you are acquiring them directly from the source, with definite and concrete information on when jerseys are worn.

Our ability to access Getty Images, our rights under the NBA & MeiGray Authentication Program, and our photo-matching capability makes it easy.

In the case of the Lebron, and in the case of most basketball jerseys, the jersey itself is a fingerprint. Hand-cut numbers and letters, stray threads on the jersey, and the exact placement of letters and numbers makes it easy.

If a Forum member wins this jersey, we will be happy to include at no extra charge the photographic LOAs which include 8 X 10 color photos of the definite photo-matches from both games.

From our conversations with the NBA and its teams, MeiGray firmly believes there is an alarming number of pro-cut basketball jerseys being authenticated incorrectly as game-worn, and passed off as game worn.

It's one of the many reasons the NBA signed with MeiGray to create the NBA & MGG Game-Worn Authentication Program.

We think it's time collectors got real, and stopped speculating on questionable with questionable provenance and no serious authentication.

We are committed to bringing collectors real, factual, game-worn basketball jerseys with MeiGray's standard life-time guarantee.

We believe this is the first photo-matched Lebron James game-worn jersey to hit the hobby.

And wait until you see the second photo-matched Lebron James game-worn jersey to hit the hobby, coming later this season ... it just happens to have a Finals trophy patch on the front!!!

This is why at MeiGray, we say to collectors: Get Real.

Regards, Barry

indyred
11-11-2007, 01:35 PM
His Finals jersey is now up on NBA.com MeiGray authenticated. This one will be a fun one to watch. Exquisite won the orange throwback for $15,070. Does this one go for a lot more than that one?

http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=88435346&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=88782056