PDA

View Full Version : Barry Sanders Game Used Lions Jersey

Bernie J. Gernay
01-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Imagine Barry Sanders being a good friend of yours. You invite him to your wedding. Now imagine him giving you a "game used jersey" as your wedding gift. I tell you some of these stories of provenance you hear on eBay you just have to laugh about.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Barry-Sanders-Game-Worn-Lions-Jersey_W0QQitemZ8751063752QQcategoryZ86829QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

I have a lot of NFL players as close friends and I'll tell you what, if I got one of their gamers as a wedding gift I'd be embarrassed. I don't think any player could actually be that cheap.

skipcareyisfat
01-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Bernie,
Agreed. It was a pretty cheap move, if it's true. That aside, does the jersey look authentic?
Jason

Bernie J. Gernay
01-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Bernie,
Agreed. It was a pretty cheap move, if it's true. That aside, does the jersey look authentic?
Jason

Not even close.......For one, and the most obvious, the sleeves are not shortened and hemmed between the middle (wide) stripe.

In 1997 Barry wore two different cuts on his sleeves. One was a straight open cut that was shortened between the middle sleeve stripe. He also wore a very tight custom inserted elastic band with shortened sleeves that year.

The only things correct on this jersey is the font, digits, size (44), and positioning of the "Reebok" logo.

skipcareyisfat
01-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Amazing. Not only did he not buy off the registry, he gifted a fake jersey.