PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose Game-Used Reds Jersey...Please Help!!

sportsmoments
06-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to gameusedforum so please be patient. A gentleman who I have met through friends has presented me with a Game-Used Jersey of Pete Rose. He claims he purchase it from a major auction house in New York. The jersey comes with a LOA from Grey Flannel as well as letter from the original owners of the jersey stating how they obtained it. The LOA states that the jersey came from the mid 70's, however the exact year cannot be certain. The jersey has a red rawlings tag on the bottom of the jersey with the size 44 on it. Does anyone know what type of tags, markings, and or characteristics I should be looking for? I want the jersey, however I want to make sure everything is right on. Any help would be appreciated.

Please E-mail me at sportsmoments@hotmail.com

Thanks so much!
~James

MooseDog
06-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Reds Rawlings from that era should have the flag tag. There are a TON of fake Rose Reds and Phillies jerseys from the early 1970s and 1980s further complicated by the fact that Rose was one of the first to "wear and sell" - way ahead of his time.

Even with the COA I'd proceed with caution and find a Reds expert to help you out. I'm not one but I was very active in game used in that time period.

GrndSlm
06-16-2007, 04:06 PM
I would have to agree.....I have a 1973 (MVP YEAR) Pete Rose jersey with 3 LOA including Grey Flannel. This jersey is a home white autographed with a red Rawlings tag and a year tag that reads: Set 1, #8P, 1973

Thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

33bird
06-17-2007, 10:18 AM
The Reds jerseys should have a year tag on them in the 70's and 80's. No year tag then I would stay away. Post a picture on here if you can and then we can disect it.
Greg