PDA

View Full Version : Craig Biggio GU Bats: 1988-2007

eGameUsed
06-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Hello! Paying $1000+ for great Game Used Biggio Bats. Any and all years! E-mail me at ccboyd@houston.rr.com and I will pay instantly with Paypal.com or Money Order!

Thanks,

Swoboda4
06-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Chris,this is very expensive:
http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/feature.d2w/report?wl=33072944&sort=term&search=MOD07
http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog750/folder73854/img5163135.jpg

metsbats
06-16-2007, 07:52 AM
It's amazing the prices of Biggio bats. Especially the Mother's Day bat however it's for a good cause and these MLB Mother's Day hammer down price will tend to be over the true collector's market prices. Biggio bats are very scare for some reason and when you do see them available they are usually not the typically used heavy pine tar laden bats.

Chris can you comment on why Biggio bats are so rare or so it seems?

Thanks
David

eGameUsed
06-16-2007, 08:12 AM
David,

That Pink bat has gotten way off base from what I thought it would go. I had some inside info on who might be bidding, so I went ahead and through a bid of $7001 out there. Originally I was only planning on going to $5000 since this is the BP bat he used on 5/13. I spoke to his wife, Patty, who I know through some of Biggio's charity work and he has in his possession the bat he used in the game for his 2 doubles. If you look at the pictures just right you can see some of the light green ball marks.

Anyway, I am very fortunate to have established the Biggio collection I have. Of course I have been doing it since 1990. I am only missing a couple of years of bats, and even that has been hard to pinpoint to exact years. Biggio sort of frowns upon collectors owning his equipment. Like most MLB players, they are very protective of their bats and how they mark and handle them. I do know that the majority of his cracked bats have not been released to the public, as well as most of his equipment.

As for scarcity of his bats, most consider Biggio the most difficult bat of any of the current players to obtain. In fact, in 1999 Biggio was sent many orders of the "no model" number bats as well as the typical H176 marked bats. Instead of distributing the no model number bats to other players and charitable events, he ended up using them and giving away the "correct" model number bats. I will post photos later! I have seen so many "bad" 1999 labeled LS bats. As for light use bats that hit the market, most were never touched by Biggio. I have seen a lot of his bats with horribly incorrect tape jobs. He also uses a very unique pine tar that the team orders just for him. It has a certain smell that no other tar smells like.

Anyway, I will be making a page on my website active soon that is a very thourough detail of Biggio bats through the years, and what to look for. This will hopefully be similar to Jeff Scott's work on Albert Pujols bats.

If you find any Biggio bats, let me know! I guarantee to pay more than anyone else!

Thanks,

metsbats
06-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the insights and interesting information Chris.

Look forward to your write up on Biggio.

David

Bigcatbaseball
06-16-2007, 12:18 PM
For those out there that are interested in knowing more about Astros bats and particularly Biggio and Bagwell bats, there is no better source than Marcus Sevier. He likely has the largest and most comprehensice collection of Astros bats in the country.

eGameUsed
06-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Marcus is indeed a great source for early Astros bats, but no one has more knowledge on Biggio and Bagwell than myself. My current inventory of Biggio bats is at 24. My current inventory of Bagwell bats is at 17.

Bigcatbaseball
06-16-2007, 06:09 PM
When our fellow bat collectors are looking for information on Astros bats, it is always best to have multiple sources. And that is a good thing. For my money, one cannot go wrong taking advice from Marcus Sevier.

eGameUsed
06-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Agreed. Marcus and I have worked together on many occasions, just not as of late as much as he has gone more of the vintage (Pre-60s) route and I have focused on Astros. As of today, I have 1,263 Astros bats and that number fluctuates daily, sometimes by 1 to 100 bats. One day (when I can find the time), every bat will be pictured on my website.

Marcus does indeed have a great Astrs collection, he just doesn't have a Ron Brand or Roma Mejias yet :) . Marcus, any luck locating the last few remaining bats?

Thanks,

bagbig
06-27-2007, 02:44 PM
What size jersey did Biggio wear in 2001? FYI- there are some new Biggio bats on ebay.

eGameUsed
06-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Lane,

Biggio would have worn a 46 in 2001, just like the one listed. Saw the bats, I think those are the same ones you offered me a while ago. Could you e-mail me at ccboyd@houston.rr.com. I have a couple of questions for you.

Thanks,

eGameUsed
06-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Lane,

Forgot to mention! On your 1999 bat with the missing model number, most people won't go after those, but I might be able to provide you some photos of Biggio using model-less number bats.

Thanks,

eGameUsed
07-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Now that he is at 3000 Hits, anyone looking to sell? Thanks,