PDA

View Full Version : A-ROD Jock strap

bubbrubb25
06-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Heres your chancge to get something unique Kyle:)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-AROD-GAME-USED-JOCK-STRAP-NY-YANKEES-ESM_W0QQitemZ120132545831QQihZ002QQcategoryZ50117Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Swoboda4
06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
I hear that Steiner has made a special wall mount display cabinet for it.

Carlevv
06-14-2007, 10:58 PM
You got to be kidding me? How does AROD let someone sell this? This guy sells anything and everything. Sad if you ask me.

Vintagedeputy
06-14-2007, 11:22 PM
At least Arod is smart enough to make a buck off of it.

Griffey Jr gave it away for free! http://deadspin.com/sports/great-moments-in-heckling/ken-griffey-jr-knows-how-to-deal-with-hecklers-260239.php

3arod13
06-15-2007, 03:09 AM
Heres your chancge to get something unique Kyle:)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-AROD-GAME-USED-JOCK-STRAP-NY-YANKEES-ESM_W0QQitemZ120132545831QQihZ002QQcategoryZ50117Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ridiculous! Sick! As an avid arod fan and collector, even if signed by arod and given to me for free, I wouldn't take it. Things like this are just over the top. Give me a break!

Carlevv
06-15-2007, 03:25 AM
Stuff like this makes me shake my head even more. I love AROD and have many nice items but sometimes you have to know when enough is enough. When i see is socks, or his long underwear signed game used i want to throw up. When is enough money enough money?

allstarsplus
06-15-2007, 07:44 AM
You got to be kidding me? How does AROD let someone sell this? This guy sells anything and everything. Sad if you ask me.

Innocent until proven guilty as we don't know if it is truly authentic. Send it to LL for authentication! I ask myself, why would a 2004 jock strap all of a sudden show up? Where has this been for the past 3 years?

Doubtful it will get much money so to me it is an embarassment and a shame for a legit company selling it. Game used? A joke!

http://www.elite-sports-marketing.com/ebay/Blackthorne/arod-strap-coa-0613.jpg

This will probably show up on ESPN or something so sure to get a lot of publicity I would think. Just add this to the Wall of Shame!

Andrew

Yankwood
06-15-2007, 08:28 AM
It's not really as bad as it might seem at first. Just think- If he used it in 2004 against the Red Sox in the playoffs, at least you know his ba//s weren't in it for the last 4 games.:o .

3arod13
06-15-2007, 08:45 AM
I emailed elite this morning telling them how ridiculous this is. Here is their response:

"agree 100%. You wouldn't believe how many people have asked or requested his jock. It makes me sick as well. Finally we agree... :)

Well, at least they agree. However, in fairness to Elite, they're in the business to sell and make money. If arod gives up his jock (if it truly is authenitc), and someone is willing to pay for it, more power to them.

suave1477
06-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Yankwood ewwwwww low blow no pun intended lol lol :p

Funny though I was thinking the same thing lol lol

I personally like to buy items that show as much use, preferably heavy use as possible.
So I will only consider buying these, only if they show lots of use lol lol:D

metsbats
06-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Looks like they took 3arod13 email seriously. The auction ended because it is no longer available for sale.

This item gives would give PSA/DNA authenticity a new twist.

David

3arod13
06-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Looks like they took 3arod13 email seriously. The auction ended because it is no longer available for sale.

This item gives would give PSA/DNA authenticity a new twist.

David

Odd. My email only expressed how these type items are over the top and I don't understand why someone would want an item like that. They even agreed. However, they are in the business to make money, so I don't see the point of ending the auction...unless arod called them and said he needed it back for the Mets series this weekend (see, even I have a good sense on humor)

metsbats
06-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Odd. My email only expressed how these type items are over the top and I don't understand why someone would want an item like that. They even agreed. However, they are in the business to make money, so I don't see the point of ending the auction...unless arod called them and said he needed it back for the Mets series this weekend (see, even I have a good sense on humor)

The way the Mets are hitting the ball the last 5 games he may not need it anyway.

3arod13
06-15-2007, 10:59 AM
The way the Mets are hitting the ball the last 5 games he may not need it anyway.

Ouch! If you're a METS fan, I know that hurt saying that. Yanks are on a good winning streak.

7.5 games out!

Makes me laugh how some of the media was already counting the Yanks out of it. Haven't they done this before (lol)

Carlevv
06-15-2007, 11:56 AM
AROD has outgrown that jock. Give him the XXL MVP size now. He's going to carry this team and let everyone know before he leaves how great he really is. I'd like to see AROD sell his game used stripper on EBAY. Sorry.

Carlevv
06-15-2007, 12:07 PM
As far as Elite goes, they are a great company and i know they are in the biz to make money. Props for them for taking the jock off ebay. If someone really wants one of those they could call Elite. I think they were flexing thier muscles a little here letting everyone know they have ANY and all of AROD's stuff. All good if you ask me. 3arod13, you know you bought that jock! I'd love to see what you have in your collection as far as AROD stuff goes.

ShowTime81
06-15-2007, 04:52 PM

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and saw this post. I figured I would throw in my 2 cents.

My cousin works for a major league club house and he was telling me at the end of the season that majority of the players have him box up anything and everything from their locker and ship it either to a memorabilia company, their house, or even a charity. This could have been the case where Arod had everything boxed up without even knowing what was in the box and doesn't even know that it was going to be sold.

ShowTime81
06-15-2007, 04:57 PM
As far as Elite goes, they are a great company and i know they are in the biz to make money. Props for them for taking the jock off ebay. If someone really wants one of those they could call Elite. I think they were flexing thier muscles a little here letting everyone know they have ANY and all of AROD's stuff. All good if you ask me. 3arod13, you know you bought that jock! I'd love to see what you have in your collection as far as AROD stuff goes.

Is Elite still working with Arod? I have been on ebay and noticed the MVP Marketing LOA attached with any 2007 game used items.

Carlevv
06-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and saw this post. I figured I would throw in my 2 cents.

My cousin works for a major league club house and he was telling me at the end of the season that majority of the players have him box up anything and everything from their locker and ship it either to a memorabilia company, their house, or even a charity. This could have been the case where Arod had everything boxed up without even knowing what was in the box and doesn't even know that it was going to be sold.

At the end of the day it should be up to AROD what is for sale. Its his stuff.

Carlevv
06-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Is Elite still working with Arod? I have been on ebay and noticed the MVP Marketing LOA attached with any 2007 game used items.

Good call. Yea i forgot about MVP. Elite is out as the AROD stuff goes. I still get the two mixed up. What team does your cousin work for?

ShowTime81
06-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Good call. Yea i forgot about MVP. Elite is out as the AROD stuff goes. I still get the two mixed up. What team does your cousin work for?

He is with the Reds now and he was with the Pirates 2 seasons ago.

I agree with that should be up to the player, but people take stuff from the clubhouse all the time because they know there is money to be made.

3arod13
06-18-2007, 05:05 AM
Elite took the arod jock strap off ebay the other day. Now, they have added this. Just as bad!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1984-85-pre-1986-MICHAEL-JORDAN-rookie-BGS-10-PRISTINE_W0QQitemZ120127013076QQihZ002QQcategoryZ5 8000QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3arod13
06-18-2007, 05:06 AM
Elite took the arod jock strap off ebay the other day. Now, they have added this. Just as bad!

Sorry, wrong link. Here's the correct one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-AROD-GAME-USED-SLIDING-PANTS-YANKEES-ESM_W0QQitemZ120133579486QQihZ002QQcategoryZ50117Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Carlevv
06-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Wow, thats pathetic.

mumblerit
05-01-2009, 04:21 AM
arodsjockstrap.com (http://arodsjockstrap.com)

godwulf
05-01-2009, 08:51 AM
It's...

THE JOCK THAT WOULD NOT DIE!

I gotta ask the question, though, seriously (more or less): is there nobody's game-used jock that you wouldn't want to own...even if you didn't display it or tell most people you had it?

mumblerit
06-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Rich Garces

:)