PDA

View Full Version : Requirement of MLB logos in 2000.....

kylehess10
06-15-2007, 12:51 AM
I was browsing through some Brian Jordan pictures and I noticed an interesting one from 2000. The caption clearly says that it is from 2000 but in the picture, the jersey that Jordan is wearing is missing the MLB logo on the back collar. I thought that these were required starting in 2000?

TNTtoys
06-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Kyle,

You are right about the logos. My guess is that this photo was from the 99 season, as Jordan was with St. Louis the year before.
How was the photo attributed to 2000? Was it from Getty? If so, that would more than explain the year discrepancy. It's been my experience that older photos on the Getty site sometimes have wrong dates and years associated... For example, I have seen a 1994 photo of Dwight Gooden on the site labeled as a 1986. I wouldn't think that the more current photos would have this problem, but it's more than possible that a 99/2000 might.
Another thought is that it could be a spring training photo and that the logo thing did not come into play until the regular season? But not as likely.

Nick

hblakewolf
06-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Nick-
You indicate the photo may be from spring training, however, if memory serves correct,the Braves only wore their navy pre-games during 2000 spring training, not game jerseys.

FYI
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

TNTtoys
06-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Howard,

Thanks for chiming in. Though it was a plausible (but not likely) alternate scenario, it was certainly 1 I couldn't research on the blackberry...
I stand by my original thought that they got the caption wrong and that the photo is really a 99.

Nick

kylehess10
06-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Nick-
You indicate the photo may be from spring training, however, if memory serves correct,the Braves only wore their navy pre-games during 2000 spring training, not game jerseys.

FYI
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Actually the Braves DID wear home jerseys for ST in '00. I own a '99 Jordan home jersey which was re-worn during Spring Training in 2000. What they did was remove the Hank Aaron patch and add the MLB logo to the back collar.

TNT Toys - You're probably right with it just being a caption mistake. I got the photo from Icon Sports Media