PDA

View Full Version : Is Tejada using Manny's bat??

kylehess10
06-16-2007, 03:56 AM
I found a very odd photo of Miguel Tejada. It is from August 3,2005, when the Orioles were playing the Angels. If you take a good look at the bat he is holding, you'll see that "BOSTON RED SOX" is on it, and what possibly may be the signature of Manny Ramirez (too hard to tell though). What is Tejada doing with a bat belonging to a Red Sox player when they weren't even playing them?

kylehess10
06-16-2007, 04:02 AM
Wait wait wait.......I just found another odd photo.....is it just me or does this bat say "R. Palmeiro"???

Yankwood
06-16-2007, 05:20 AM
I would hate to blow a hole in this hobby, but players use each other's bats all the time. At one time I had a really nice picture of Strawberry using a blue ring Rawlings with P. O'Neill written on the barrel. Shoot, I've never even seen an Adirondack bat with O'Neill's name on it other than that.

metsbats
06-16-2007, 08:00 AM
There may be many other Oriole players using Palmiero bats as he probably left cases of them in Camden Yards after he was dismissed from the team.

Perhaps Raffy traded some of his gamers to Miguel for some of those infamous B-12 vitamins.

David

jon_8_us
06-16-2007, 09:43 AM
That is Manny's for sure!In 05 Manny also used Tejada's Sam bats at the end of the season.They probably had some kind of trade off..
jon

indyred
06-16-2007, 10:56 AM
You also see it in hockey. Player's will sometimes use other player's sticks in hopes of some good luck.

kylehess10
06-16-2007, 04:30 PM
That is Manny's for sure!In 05 Manny also used Tejada's Sam bats at the end of the season.They probably had some kind of trade off..
jon

yep.......

kylehess10
06-16-2007, 04:32 PM
I would hate to blow a hole in this hobby, but players use each other's bats all the time.

Well I already knew that, but I just thought it was weird seeing someone not only using someone elses bat from somebody who isn't even on their team, but not even playing them as well.