PDA

View Full Version : Need as many opinions as possible on this

RyanZimmerman11
06-16-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm looking to get as many opinions as possible on what I should look to pay for the following Game Used items.

All items would be for Ryan Zimmerman.

Keep in mind they would be 2007 items, maybe a few of 06. I'm not looking for anything from his rookie year (2005).

Again, what should I be looking to pay...all game used....

Home jersey
Road jersey
Alternate jersey

Home helmet
Road helmet

Home cap
Road cap

Wrist band(s)

Spikes/cleats

Batting gloves

Fielding glove

Bats:
Max
LS
M9

Thanks,
Jay

allstarsplus
06-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Jay - Officially 2006 was Ryan's Rookie season as Sept. 2005 was his debut callup as he appeared in 20 games in 2005.

As far as prices, if you use Locker Room Memorabilia as a guide to set your prices for autographed game used items and then subtract $50 to $75 from those prices for unsigned you have a good idea of prices for "real" items.

There doesn't seem to be any established price for his real game used jerseys because there just aren't that many in existence as Ryan has not played in 250 games in his career (as of today). The only jerseys I know of outside of the Ballpark Heroes jersey were sold privately at prices well in excess of $2,000. I own the 1st jersey he ever wore which is not for sale.

Good luck with the price list.

Andrew GameUsed@Nationals.net

jdr3
06-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Jay,

Here is a a link to a Zimmerman 2006 Alternate that sold recently throught Lelands.

http://lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=611&lot=693

allstarsplus
06-16-2007, 09:28 PM
JDR3 - Good pick-up on that one. With all due respect to that Lelands' Zim jersey, the jersey and tagging looked crisp and the year tag had no Set # on it. I would classify that at "light use" or game issued unless I saw some provenance with it which is why it sold for just over $1,000 with the buyer's premium in my opinion.

Andrew

G1X
06-17-2007, 10:06 AM
I have four Nationals game-used jerseys in my collection that I obtained directly and legitimately from the team (this includes a red alternate that I won in a "Shirt Off My Back Contest" at the final game last season) and have seen numerous others in person. The ones in my collection and the others I've seen have the year/set tag on the opposite side of the size tag (see photos below) if compared to the Zimmerman jersey.

As can be seen in the first photo, the set number is above the year. As seen in the second photo, the lettering on the year/set tag tends to fade out if the jersey has been worn often (this is the case on three of my 4 jerseys).

I'm not questioning Leland's Zimmerman jersey or anyone else's jersey that has tagging exactly like the Zimmerman (or is completely minus a year tag) as there are always exceptions to the rule. Who knows, perhaps my jerseys are the exception to the rule!

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

allstarsplus
06-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Mark - You are correct on the 2005 Nats jerseys as they should look exactly like that tagging you show in your picture.

The 2006 set/year tags appeared on both sides of the size tag, but all the ones I have seen from 2006 also had a Set # above the year tag. I did see some that the Set # was almost sewn over so you had to look under the Majestic tag.

I have several game Soriano and other Nats player jerseys from 2006 and they all have Set #'s including Set E.

Andrew

RyanZimmerman11
06-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Ok, so what we have so far is the jerseys...and a few other items with "approx." prices...anyone else have any input?

This sound about right so far, if these were ALL 2007 items...and had moderate to heavy use....

Home jersey - $1300 - $1500
Road jersey - $1300 - $1500
Alternate jersey - $1300 - $1500

Home helmet..?
Road helmet..?

Home cap..?
Road cap..?

Wrist band(s)..?

Spikes/cleats - $250

Batting gloves - $100

Fielding glove..?

Bats:
Max - $300
LS - $300
M9 - $300

fridgefan
06-18-2007, 07:49 AM
The Locker Room sold signed Zimmerman's 2006 home and road game caps for $350 each!

RyanZimmerman11
06-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Wow...323 views and no other opinions/help?

Thanks for those that did offer help ;)

Jay