PDA

View Full Version : what if

zonker
06-17-2007, 09:44 AM
happy father's day guy's!!!! i was just sitting here this morning waiting on a call for father's day and since i'm all filled up on tie's and the normal father's day gift's i though wow what if? leaving out the value of an item, what if you could own a game used item from anybody, from anytime,what would it be and why? who are your hero's and why?

Yankwood
06-17-2007, 10:01 AM
A bat used by Luke Easter for the Rochester Red Wings.

zonker
06-17-2007, 10:25 AM
well i guess i should tell everybody what mine would be. the homerun ball hank aaron hit to tie ruth on the hr list. it was the only mlb game i ever went to with my dad and the actual ball flew over my head about 10 ft. and my dad tried to catch it, but missed and i was upset so after the game he took us all skating right behind fulton county stadium at this little gym he went when he was a kid. what a great day!!!

skyking26
06-17-2007, 10:34 AM
I guess as a Dave Kingman collector, owning many bats and many jerseys, I have had a long fantasy. I have known Dave since 92. He is a private man and our discussions usually are family oriented and seldom go to baseball. I think Dave, having moved on married with 3 kids now pretty much grown, might view BB as a job, as it was. The fantasy is, to get a call one day where he would say, "what are you doing in the near future?" To which I would reply same old thing, and he would say, "why don'y you get a U-Haul truck and come on out here and pick up all my stuff - I don't want it anymore..." To which I would reply - "I'm headed out tomorrow."

We can always dream...

dcrules01
06-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Wow great memory.My hero not much of a ball player but a Doug Flynn game worn Mets jersey or bat.I idolized him growing up.Baseball seemed so pure back then.

Then a Lenny Dykstra game worn Mets jersey I loved his attitude sacrificeing his body to make that catch or to score that winning run.I met him about a month ago at an autograph show.I felt like I was 15 again :D

kylehess10
06-17-2007, 02:11 PM
ahhhhh this is a good question......I have too many to list.....too hard to pick just one

Hank Aaron Braves jersey
Ken Griffey Jr. Reds jersey
Roberto Clemente jersey
Jackie Robinson jersey
Edgar Renteria Braves jersey

jerseydave.com
06-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Actually my wife did get me a game used item. I was joking with her the other day saying I wanted a game used Pudge Rodriguez bat. Anyhow, she called up the Rangers and bought me a nicely used LS C271 Signature Model Pudge Rodriguez bat from the 1998 season. Has a nice tape job on the handle as well. This is my 2nd father's day and she is 2 for 2. Gotta love it...

David.

TNTtoys
06-17-2007, 08:14 PM
One of the following...

1983 Tom Seaver Alternate Blue Mets jersey

1985 Dwight Gooden St. Patrick's Day jersey

Without a doubt, some of the rarest of the rare for an 80s Mets collector!!!