PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jones Used Clubs

geoff
06-18-2007, 01:51 PM
I saw today that someone in the Baltimore area is selling 2 clubs used by Golfer Bobby Jones.

He said someone gave them to him an Original Driver and a 2 wood.
He is selling them for no less then 10.000 each.
I am not interested at all in these but would like to know if that is a good deal because I never have seen anything Booby Jones Used before.

Thanks Geoff

David
06-18-2007, 02:19 PM
A friend of mine who collects antique pool cues purchased a collection that belonged to Babe Didrikson, including her 'game used' pool cue, golf putter (given to her by Walter Winchell with a diamond on it!) and signed books. The items came from her family, the cue had Babe's name engraved on it and the putter case indicated that it was a gift from a female HOFer pool player-- so authenticity or provenance wasn't an issue. My friend also said, irrelevant to belonging to Babe, the cue was rare and the top of the line (a good custom pool cue can cost thousands of dollars). I think he got the entire lot for about $4,000.

David
06-18-2007, 02:27 PM
I forgot to add that the putter and cue were the ones she used in competition, and a family member said the cue was the cue she used. Unlike with baseball bats, a pool player doesn't shatter cues often.