PDA

View Full Version : MLB Auction - "Broken" = Large Piece Missing

soxbats
06-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Just received pink bats won at auction. Great shipping time but huge problem. I won the Hinske bat described as broken. When I received the bat it was cracked with a large piece missing. I went back and looked at the picture, which was carefully taken to obscure the missing piece.

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=84089622

What is really frustrating is that other acutions show pictures of missing pieces so I never even thought to ask if there was a piece missing. Of course for those of you who have tried to contact MLB auction you know how prompt their response is (as in almost never).

Its for charity, it is an "as is" sale, and with 20-20 hindsight I should have asked and not purchased if I did not get a reply. I offer this as a caution to the rest of you.

Jeff:(

indyred
06-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Have you looked on the current set of pink bats up. Hinske has 2 more up and one has a piece missing. He must have donated all of his Mother's Day bats. I wonder if they accidently put up his broken bat again? It shows a chunk missing from the bat. I guess you know at least your's was used in bp or the game. I got one coming. When did you get your's? Where did they send it from?