PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Pence game used d bat from the 2007 season?

tigerhidden
06-24-2007, 08:13 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hunter-Pence-1st-year-Game-Used-Autographed-D-Bat_W0QQitemZ110142584830QQihZ001QQcategoryZ60596Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I could be wrong, but other than mother's day I haven't noticed Hunter using a d-bat this season.

jon_8_us
06-25-2007, 04:30 PM
From everything i have seen he is pretty exclusive with Old Hickory since he was called up.Every D-Bat of his i have seen for sale have been minor league bats.I'm no expert on Pence but there are a couple guys on this forum that are...
jon

mgonzo82
06-26-2007, 10:42 AM
I belive that when he first got called up he was still using D-bats it was about a 3 weeks into the season when he started using Old Hick bats

eGameUsed
06-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Mario, welcome to the board! You found it! Mario is right, he used a few DBats but then switched to Old Hickory. The DBats were not lasting very long and cracked after a few impacts. Hunter sent a couple of his Old Hickory bats to DBat to see if they could improve on their design, but I haven't heard if they got back to him. Hunter signed a contract with DBat shortly after he was signed by the Astros and used them almost exclusively since his time with the AA Corpus Christi Hooks, so he is attempting to stay with them.

As for Old Hickory bats, I have had 4 from 2007. 3 of the 4 have had #84 on the knob and end. So, he must have used some of thesein Spring Training. I have seen some photos of him using bats with #84 in regular season.

tigerhidden
06-26-2007, 01:20 PM
When he first got called up he was using old hickory with the 84 on the end.

mgonzo82
06-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Mario, welcome to the board! You found it! Mario is right, he used a few DBats but then switched to Old Hickory. The DBats were not lasting very long and cracked after a few impacts. Hunter sent a couple of his Old Hickory bats to DBat to see if they could improve on their design, but I haven't heard if they got back to him. Hunter signed a contract with DBat shortly after he was signed by the Astros and used them almost exclusively since his time with the AA Corpus Christi Hooks, so he is attempting to stay with them.

As for Old Hickory bats, I have had 4 from 2007. 3 of the 4 have had #84 on the knob and end. So, he must have used some of thesein Spring Training. I have seen some photos of him using bats with #84 in regular season.

Thanks Chris

eGameUsed
06-26-2007, 02:08 PM
That is right! By some photos I have, it was for the first month or so. The bats were numbered for him during Spring and stayed with the Astros when he went to Round Rock at the beginning of the season. He picked up where he left off. The Pence bat I have from about 2 weeks ago has #9 written on both ends.

mgonzo82
06-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Chris
Where did you pick up those Pence bats I been thinking about getting a Old hick of Pence I have a Black Dbat.

ballofbases@hotmail.com
06-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Chris,

I am not sure how many Old Hickory bats Hunter used in spring training if any at all. When I went down to the Astros camp he was using a D-Bat in the game against the Yankees. As far as how many D-Bats he has used after being called up, I am not exactly sure. I will have to check on that.

As far as using the Old Hickory bats over the D-Bat bats, you are right about the D-Bat bats breaking much easier than the others. The bat listed on Ebay looks as if the barrel was taped at one point for use in BP or possibly spring training. I will check on this possibility also. Thanks.

Michael

AstrosCollector
06-28-2007, 01:26 PM
The only D-Bat that I have seen Hunter swing this season was the pink Mother's Day bat. All I have seen him use is a black Old Hickory since his call up. During yesterday's Astros v. Brewers game, Pence was using an Old Hickory with his S.T. number 84 on the end.