PDA

View Full Version : Lambeauleeper goin' for a Marino Tri-fecta

mvandor
06-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Selling a Marino lid (http://cgi.ebay.com/Dan-Marino-1998-GAME-ISSUED-USED-WORN-helmet_W0QQitemZ140132740173QQihZ004QQcategoryZ868 29QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) and two jerseys. Same ole sales pitch as usual.

mvandor
06-26-2007, 09:58 AM
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/51623288.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=AE5E3E7DB8E31417532867EA00776B71

First thing I noticed was the shockblockers seem undersized for a 98 Marino, anything obvious to you guys? Not to mention, I'm relatively certain this is NOT the first one of these he's sold on ebay.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/398115.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193B3EA2C03450C94865C2FB43130AD0EE5

aeneas01
06-26-2007, 11:15 AM
why would he have a $200 starting point if not authentic?

:) ;) :) ;)

the guy's a shameless piece of work, eh?

big1Z
06-26-2007, 03:34 PM
The helmet looks identical.what's wrong with the price. A proline authentic retails for more. He also has some nice jerseys including game worn.

mvandor
06-26-2007, 03:57 PM
The helmet looks identical.what's wrong with the price. A proline authentic retails for more. He also has some nice jerseys including game worn.
Anytime a lamby discussion pops up here, I've noticed mysteriously that a new ID pops up to defend him. Last time Eric traced the uses to the same geographic area he lives in. Will yours trace there as well I wonder?:eek:

We all seem to agree he produces great copies, and if sold honestly as such, no problem. However, there's far too much consistent history with him to believe anything from him is legit as coming from the team's involved as he purports. He strangely comes by only the most popular players, and the same supposedly rare items repeatedly.

aeneas01
06-26-2007, 04:00 PM

so if a helmet is priced affordably and looks like what marino wore then it's perfectly o.k. to claim that is game issued, game worn and "issued to dan marino for on-field game use during the 1998 season."?

you think that's perfectly o.k.? nothing wrong with that at all? perhaps you might want to follow up with something like:

"The problem I see with the memorabilia issues on auctions especially Ebay is that people are looking for a STEAL. They wont pay $3-$5,000.00 for a game worn helmet with a team letter. So they go to Ebay and want to pay next to nothing for an item then bitch."

lambeualeeper is a crook, a thief, a shameless fraud - the good news is that it looks like more and more folks are catching on to this. btw, didn't you get banned?

big1Z
06-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I see your point, however I see a lot of items that are game used or game issued that are no where close. His items are nice, especially his jerseys. I noticed he doesn't state that he obtained them from a team. How do you explain his jerseys. I am not defending him or her, I am new trying to educate myself.

mvandor
06-26-2007, 08:15 PM
I see your point, however I see a lot of items that are game used or game issued that are no where close. His items are nice, especially his jerseys. I noticed he doesn't state that he obtained them from a team. How do you explain his jerseys. I am not defending him or her, I am new trying to educate myself.
"This helmet was issued to Dan Marino for on-field GAME USE during the 1998 season."

You seriously want to tell me this sentence doesn't indicate strongly to the buyer that this helmet actually traces back to the Dolphins equipment room? Problem is, none of his stuff does, they're all apparently self made copies. If he honestly represented them, he'd have a good business honestly, but he doesn't.

I personally overpaid him for an LT throwback helmet which was later proved here as a copy. I could have bought a very similar copy on ebay for half what the helmet went off at, solely because of the fraud. Check his other closed items, you'll see a similar pattern.

All this of course assumes you need to be told this because you're not him. Again.

aeneas01
06-27-2007, 03:22 AM
hey mvandor -

did you notice that it looks like another lambeauleeper has hit the ebay scene?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tomlinson-Game-Issued-Throwback-Chargers-Helmet_W0QQitemZ200122154652QQihZ010QQcategoryZ377 28QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tomlinson Game Issued Throwback Chargers Helmet

apparently this guy has much difficulty grasping the term "game issued" as our friend lambeau - wonder how long before he starts to add "game used" and "issued to" in his ads as well. hey lambeau, how long did it take you to decide to start using these terms? first time out of the gate or was it a gradual process?

"You are bidding on a LaDainian Tomlinson Chargers Throwback Helmet. The helmet is brand new and comes with Tomlinson's face mask and tinted Oakley visor. Also comes with the double strap. This is a game issued helmet, just like the one Tomlinson wears on the field. Own a piece of 2006 MVP and All-Time Single Season Touchdown Record Holder. This helmet is a must-have for any Tomlinson or Chargers fan. Great for LT's autograph! Bid now and bid with confidence!"

those bolt decals look a little familiar, eh? good grief. but, to be fair, it looks like this guy really doesn't understand the term "game issued" given his item description - what's your excuse lambeau?

Jags Fan Dan
06-27-2007, 07:19 AM
I wouldn't buy from him after all I've seen on this forum, but does this seem fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mark-Brunell-1997-GAME-USED-WORN-Jersey_W0QQitemZ140132745918QQihZ004QQcategoryZ868 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sylbry
06-27-2007, 08:27 AM
So according to lambeau I could walk into the Twins Pro Shop and buy a Twins hat size 7 1/8. I could write "57" underneath the visor and then sell it as a Johan Santana game issued hat from 2007 that was purchased directly from the team. Afterall, the Twins Pro Shop is owned by the Twins.

Hey lambeau, if I did that would you buy the hat for $100 from me? I mean it is much less than $500 for a game used Santana hat. Nevermind the fact that you or I could buy the hat for $30 retail.

Bryan

mvandor
06-27-2007, 08:42 AM
hey mvandor -

did you notice that it looks like another lambeauleeper has hit the ebay scene?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tomlinson-Game-Issued-Throwback-Chargers-Helmet_W0QQitemZ200122154652QQihZ010QQcategoryZ377 28QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tomlinson Game Issued Throwback Chargers Helmet

apparently this guy has much difficulty grasping the term "game issued" as our friend lambeau - wonder how long before he starts to add "game used" and "issued to" in his ads as well. hey lambeau, how long did it take you to decide to start using these terms? first time out of the gate or was it a gradual process?

"You are bidding on a LaDainian Tomlinson Chargers Throwback Helmet. The helmet is brand new and comes with Tomlinson's face mask and tinted Oakley visor. Also comes with the double strap. This is a game issued helmet, just like the one Tomlinson wears on the field. Own a piece of 2006 MVP and All-Time Single Season Touchdown Record Holder. This helmet is a must-have for any Tomlinson or Chargers fan. Great for LT's autograph! Bid now and bid with confidence!"

those bolt decals look a little familiar, eh? good grief. but, to be fair, it looks like this guy really doesn't understand the term "game issued" given his item description - what's your excuse lambeau?
Well, to be fair, this new guy doesn't go as far as lamby does to try and state that the helmet originated from the team's equipment room. He seems to be using the term "game issued" the same way that Radtke, and many other reputable dealers, have come to use it, meaning "closely approximates an actual game issued helmet". We've had that discussion before, misuse of the term has become far too common. Not excusing it, but I've learned to read carefully. New guy's listing leaves me knowing it's a knockoff, lamby's do not.

However, I can pick out several errors that keep this helmet from being a good copy, and even qualifying for the loose use of the term.

aeneas01
06-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, to be fair, this new guy doesn't go as far as lamby does to try and state that the helmet originated from the team's equipment room. He seems to be using the term "game issued" the same way that Radtke, and many other reputable dealers, have come to use it, meaning "closely approximates an actual game issued helmet". We've had that discussion before, misuse of the term has become far too common. Not excusing it, but I've learned to read carefully. New guy's listing leaves me knowing it's a knockoff, lamby's do not.

However, I can pick out several errors that keep this helmet from being a good copy, and even qualifying for the loose use of the term.

exactly - that's why i was sure to mention in my post:

but, to be fair, it looks like this guy really doesn't understand the term "game issued" given his item description - what's your excuse lambeau?

i didn't, however, realize the misuse of the term "game issued" had been discussed here before and/or was that rampant in the context you mention - personally i have not come across many auctions that claim an item to be "game issued" as an alternative to stating the item is a close approximation. but, then again, i only collect football helmets - perhaps it is more commonly used with jerseys or other sports collectibles...

big1Z
06-30-2007, 07:41 PM
I see after looking at old forums that EVERYONE hates lambeau though they defend others such as Radtke and Gridiron. You think this isn't worse than lambeau?? Come on.....
RADTKE:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRETT-FAVRE-AUTO-GAME-ISSUE-HELMET-2003-PACKERS-LE-44_W0QQitemZ230140151330QQihZ013QQcategoryZ27276QQ rdZ1QQ

GRIDIRON:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRETT-FAVRE-AUTO-11-22-01-GAME-ISSUE-TB-HELMET-BF-COA_W0QQitemZ260124640857QQihZ016QQcategoryZ27276Q QrdZ1QQ

I think its fair to educate, and it is greatly appreciated but you need to be fair and unpartcial. That includes EVERYONE.

big1Z
06-30-2007, 07:42 PM
PS: Look at the $$$ Gridiron is asking....

big1Z
06-30-2007, 07:45 PM
That is a stupid comment you posted. Have you viewd some of his items. He or she obviously didn't take a store bought item and is trying to sell it as game issued. Not saying how his items are obtained... but I never saw naything like he has in the local sporting goods department. Terrible and ignorant rebutle.

big1Z
07-01-2007, 07:04 AM
I noticed you tie lambeau with stating he obtained his items directly from the teams. Where did you get this source? I searched all current and past auctions and cannot find that statement. Wouldn't that be TEAM ISSUED????

mvandor
07-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Eric, could you please check the IP # on this 50th new poster defending lambeau? Part of his charade seems to be creating countless new userid's to defend his theft program. Sad, very sad, if this latest traces back to him.

As for the poster's points, read the thread and you'll see I discussed BOTH GA and Radtke, and I've spoken to both companies in the past. The owner of GA sells very few "game issued" items and has honestly discussed them with me. While he won't go so far as to claim all came from the locker room, he does strongly claim all he sells come from team sources, and you'll note most are Pats items - he is in that area and seems to have very good connections with the Pats.

As for Rick Radtke, I've argued his use of the term "game issue" with him before, I agree his "game issue" items are simply copies and he readily admits same if asked, no lies, no b.s. stories like lambeau.

In both cases, I got straight answers from them and neither went so far as lambeau in trying to convince buyers these are locker room obtained items. Further, both are HUGE and reputable sellers in the industry, lambeau is an independent hack.

big1Z
07-01-2007, 11:46 AM
I see how you work. If someone debates you on facts you think there is something crooked going on. Why have this forum if subjects cannot be debated. You state Gridiron and Radtke are reputable but Lambeu is a crook. Aren't they doing the EXACT same thing. I guess if I just go along with you everything is good. Maybe lambea should chenge his or her descriptions but let's not call one kettle black and the other reputable. I am going to try to contact lambea and post his/her comments.

reed1216
07-01-2007, 03:07 PM
big1z- The way the forums works is this... If there is an unscrupulous seller that continues to sell quetionable things to the collecting public, a discussion usually results. These discussions have saved several members here thousands of dollars. If you have a problem with the way this works- that's an issue for you to resolve on your own.

I imagine that business was better for you before there was a forum that acted to protect collectors. I would rather see your...err lambeau's business suffer than to see others victimized by your, err his/her shady business practices.

big1Z
07-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I wish I knew what you were talking about.......

mvandor
07-01-2007, 04:15 PM
I wish I knew what you were talking about.......
Ok, we'll play. Why don't we start by you telling us what your connection to lambeauleeper IS, and why you suddenly created a new account here with virtually every new post being in support of this well documented charlatan?

big1Z
07-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Not interested in playing games. Just bringing up legitimate facts. If there is anyone out there who can help me with the thread I started concerning a Joe Monatana GAME WORN jersey on EBay I would greatly appreciate it.

aeneas01
07-02-2007, 06:01 PM
As for the poster's points, read the thread and you'll see I discussed BOTH GA and Radtke, and I've spoken to both companies in the past. The owner of GA sells very few "game issued" items and has honestly discussed them with me. While he won't go so far as to claim all came from the locker room, he does strongly claim all he sells come from team sources, and you'll note most are Pats items - he is in that area and seems to have very good connections with the Pats.

As for Rick Radtke, I've argued his use of the term "game issue" with him before, I agree his "game issue" items are simply copies and he readily admits same if asked, no lies, no b.s. stories like lambeau.

i feel that radtke and gridiron misuse the term "game issue" and, sadly, i feel they both misuse it intentionally in order to imply a value (for obvious reasons) which doesn't actually exist.

today i spoke with a gentleman at radtke, a very nice guy btw, who struck me as very uncomfortable when asked to explain why radtke felt it was o.k. to describe the favre helmet as "game issue" - it also struck me that the guy knew it was nonsense and didn't really have the energy to defend these choice of words. he admitted, almost embarrassingly, that radtke used the term "game issue" to distinguish a stock riddell pro-line helmet from a stock riddell pro-line helmet with custom decals. he also admitted that he "understood" how the use of "game issue" could be misleading.

despite their misuse of the term "game issue", both radtke and gridiron can't even begin to be lumped in with the crook lambeauleeper. never do radtke or gridiron begin to claim that these helmets (knockoffs with custom decals) were issued to the players for on-field use nor do they claim that these helmets ever belonged to the players. lambeauleeper, on the other hand, blatantly lies through his teeth and makes these exact claims. lambeauleeper is a crook who preys on newbies - he's a liar and a cheat who peddles knockoffs. he's a crook.

but, again, thanks to this wonderful forum it looks like his pool of unknowing buyers is ever-shrinking. heck, given that lambeauleer seems to enjoy spending so much time here i suspect his potential buyers would as well. i think i will list one of my game used helmets on ebay and be sure to include in the item description directions to this great site and what to look for once the interested party arrives...

big1Z
07-02-2007, 06:02 PM
I emailed lambeauleeper and explained to him the concerns this forum has. Especially his helmets. He stated he obtains his items from trades, shows and direct sources which he wouldn't conceed. After I explained that buyers could misrepresent his items and the concerns that he is getting items directly from teams or players he responded, "I have no intentions in misrepresenting my items. I never post or state that I receive the items directly from teams or players". He agreed to list future helmets as GAME helmets and let the buyer make up their own mind based on the items photos rather than the description. He also stated he listed the tiles as such to get more views. I guess we'll see what happens. I hope this helps?

aeneas01
07-02-2007, 07:53 PM
...He also stated he listed the titles as such to get more views.

hmmm...

i guess that's why the marino helmet was also described as:

"A Dan Marino (9+ years old) helmet is IMPOSSIBLE to obtain. This helmet was issued to Dan Marino for on-field GAME USE during the 1998 season."

you know, just to get more views. good grief, have you no shame?

speaking of lambeau's fake marino helmet currently up for bid, i'm happy to report that it doesn't look like it's doing too well - at least not as well as one of lambeau's other "impossible to find, game issued/worn marino helmet issued to him for on-field use" which sold for over $1,000 on ebay earlier this year....

mvandor
07-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Am I missing something or has lambeau softened his sales pitch as a result of the debates here? His relisted Marino helmet now reads:

"A "GAME" helmet is much harder to obtain than a "GAME" jersey. A Dan Marino (9+ years old) "GAME" helmet is IMPOSSIBLE to obtain! This helmet has the EXACT specifications of a Dan Marino "GAME" helmet used during the 1998 season. Exclusive features found on this Dan Marino GAME HELMET include Riddell VSR-4 custom metallic white large helmet, proper mil. (thickness) decaling, single aqua/orange/black/blue center stripping, NFL shield decal, #13, clear warning decal, Dolphins aqua/blue/black rear bumper, proper front aqua Riddell, black shock blockers facemask clips, Dan Marino's vintage custom aqua Schutt facemask, correct Riddell (white) 4-point chinstrap, etc. VERY RARE offering from this HALL-OF-FAME Quarterback!!! Payment due within 7 days. I accept personal checks (10 day hold), cashier checks, money orders and credit cards through PAYPAL."

aeneas01
07-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Am I missing something or has lambeau softened his sales pitch as a result of the debates here? His relisted Marino helmet now reads:

"A "GAME" helmet is much harder to obtain than a "GAME" jersey. A Dan Marino (9+ years old) "GAME" helmet is IMPOSSIBLE to obtain! This helmet has the EXACT specifications of a Dan Marino "GAME" helmet used during the 1998 season. Exclusive features found on this Dan Marino GAME HELMET include Riddell VSR-4 custom metallic white large helmet, proper mil. (thickness) decaling, single aqua/orange/black/blue center stripping, NFL shield decal, #13, clear warning decal, Dolphins aqua/blue/black rear bumper, proper front aqua Riddell, black shock blockers facemask clips, Dan Marino's vintage custom aqua Schutt facemask, correct Riddell (white) 4-point chinstrap, etc. VERY RARE offering from this HALL-OF-FAME Quarterback!!! Payment due within 7 days. I accept personal checks (10 day hold), cashier checks, money orders and credit cards through PAYPAL."

yeah, i saw this as well - but his original item description was so replete with lies that he was unable to catch them all when he did his rewrite...

"VERY RARE offering from this HALL-OF-FAME Quarterback!!! "

i wish i could applaud this guy for trying to come clean but i can't for a couple of reasons:

1) by relisting the marino helmet as he has he's admitted what we've known all along - that he's a fraud who sells replica helmets (among other things) while intentionally trying to pass them off as once belonging to the player. he has bilked many buyers as a result of this calculated dishonesty and, in my book, needs to contact each one and fess up and apologize (while offering some sort of monetary compensation) before i'm prepared to offer an ounce of respect - he could start with you!

and

2) i feel he is only coming clean because he knows this forum can hurt his business and embarrass him in the process, he wants to be respected by those in this forum and the hobby and, most importantly, it has occured to him that he can still fetch around $1,000 by listing his items as "game" given that radtke and gridiron have proven this while at the same time earning the respect of collectors.

but you have to admit that he's some kind of character, eh? coming onto to this board using various user names trying to back himself - que cojones! btw, mvandor - i came across some of your posts on ebay's board; very nice job fighting the good fight!

mvandor
07-03-2007, 12:21 PM
yeah, i saw this as well - but his original item description was so replete with lies that he was unable to catch them all when he did his rewrite...

"VERY RARE offering from this HALL-OF-FAME Quarterback!!! "

i wish i could applaud this guy for trying to come clean but i can't for a couple of reasons:

1) by relisting the marino helmet as he has he's admitted what we've known all along - that he's a fraud who sells replica helmets (among other things) while intentionally trying to pass them off as once belonging to the player. he has bilked many buyers as a result of this calculated dishonesty and, in my book, needs to contact each one and fess up and apologize (while offering some sort of monetary compensation) before i'm prepared to offer an ounce of respect - he could start with you!

and

2) i feel he is only coming clean because he knows this forum can hurt his business and embarrass him in the process, he wants to be respected by those in this forum and the hobby and, most importantly, it has occured to him that he can still fetch around $1,000 by listing his items as "game" given that radtke and gridiron have proven this while at the same time earning the respect of collectors.

but you have to admit that he's some kind of character, eh? coming onto to this board using various user names trying to back himself - que cojones! btw, mvandor - i came across some of your posts on ebay's board; very nice job fighting the good fight!
Well, I reckon his rewrite is a step of progress, he's now walking the Radtke line, which while I agree is still an abuse of the term "game issue", is at least gray enough to be obvious to an experienced collector.

BTW, I should note that the owner of GA claims that his "game issue" helmets are in fact not in the same class as the Radtke's. He has told me that he and his staff add nothing to the "game issue" helmets as far as stickers, etc, that he receives them from "team sources" as they appear in their listings. I did note that he wasn't laser specific that they all originated from the teams, in fact his careful wording left open the possibility that they came from a source supplying the teams. He only has ONE listed currently, a Favre throwback: http://cgi.ebay.com/BRETT-FAVRE-AUTO-11-22-01-GAME-ISSUE-TB-HELMET-BF-COA_W0QQitemZ260134640449QQihZ016QQcategoryZ27276Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

big1Z
07-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Why can't you give this person a break. If anything maybe he is comming clean after I wrote him concerning how he lists his items. Has anyone EVER tried this? Also NO ONE complains about his GAME ISSUED jerseys. Maybe his items are legit based on how he purchased them originally. GRIDIRON is full of it. He has listed items in the past as issued to players for on-field use. He is no more reputable than lambeau. He has access to players through signings so that give him the right to B.S. about getting helmets from team sources. If so why the wrong helmet sizes, incorrect helmet decals and sizes, etc. AGAIN, LET'S BE PARTCIAL!!!

big1Z
07-08-2007, 11:29 AM
SPEAKING OF FAKES:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHAEL-VICK-GAME-USED-HELMET-FALCONS_W0QQitemZ130131964179QQihZ003QQcategoryZ86 828QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not EVEN CLOSE....

http://previews1.wireimage.com/SlideShowB.aspx?i=2414608

big1Z
07-08-2007, 11:31 AM
.....and the back

http://previews1.wireimage.com/SlideShowB.aspx?i=2414612

mvandor
07-09-2007, 08:42 AM
You've never answered WHY you keep coming to his defense? Who is he to you? Now you're using the "two wrongs make a right" defense.

Others have emailed him before about his wording and deceptions. Glad to see you mysteriously have influence over him.

I paid him $488 for an LT helmet because of his lies when I could have purchased a similar copy for $200 less (http://cgi.ebay.com/SAN-DIEGO-CHARGERS-Game-Football-Helmet-TOMLINSON_W0QQitemZ230122703516QQihZ013QQcategoryZ 37687QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem).

You think his defrauding of me out of $200 was "acceptable"? I sure as hell don't.

G1X
07-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Big1Z,

My name is Mark Hayne and my business trade name as a sole proprietorship for tax purposes is Gridiron Exchange. I have been involved for the past 32 years in buying and selling legitimate game-used and team-issued uniforms (primarily football).

In this thread, you have made several references to an ebay seller who you have referred to as "GRIDIRON". While I and most readers understand that this is a completely different firm that you are referencing, some of the forum members who are casually following this thread, or perhaps are not reading it closely, may think that you are referring to my firm.

So that there is absolutely no misunderstanding or mistaken identity connected to my name, I am kindly requesting that you refer to the complete name of the other firm in all of your future posts as I, in no way, want to be mistakenly linked to any of this.

Thank you,

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

big1Z
07-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Who emailed him concerning his deception? I am NOT comming to his defense I am just showing the other sellers out there. I see no one wants to take them on except me. What is your tie with Gridiron and Radtke, as well as others. I am not sure what or how the transaction with you and lambeau took place. I have read your past threads concerning your helmet and you defended lambeau pretty good. So I am not sure he was defrauding you. I guess it's like a forum member stated "It's worth what you're willing to pay". That is why I posted the Vick helmet which mysteriously no one wants to comment one. All I'm saying is let lambeau lay...let's beet up on someone new!

Eric
07-09-2007, 12:48 PM
no one responded to your vick posting because you did not explain why you think it's bad and the photo links you provided did not work. That's why I didn't respond anyway.

But if that is also a bad helmet, that doesn't excuse lambeauleeper from his questionable auction wording, it just means more people are doing it.

Thanks
Eric

mvandor
07-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Who emailed him concerning his deception? I am NOT comming to his defense I am just showing the other sellers out there. I see no one wants to take them on except me. What is your tie with Gridiron and Radtke, as well as others. I am not sure what or how the transaction with you and lambeau took place. I have read your past threads concerning your helmet and you defended lambeau pretty good. So I am not sure he was defrauding you. I guess it's like a forum member stated "It's worth what you're willing to pay". That is why I posted the Vick helmet which mysteriously no one wants to comment one. All I'm saying is let lambeau lay...let's beet up on someone new!

I defended him because I wanted to believe it was real. Another poster pointed out for me the discrepancies I had missed, thus educating me on why it didn't pass the test. If your point is there are other crooks out there, of course there are. This thread focuses on ONE, lambeauleeper.

You want to focus on someone else, start your own thread please.

As to my relationship with Radtke and Gridiron Authentics, it is solely as a repeat customer. I have never met anyone from either firm. It has simply been my experience that they are very reputable, aside from Radtke's misuse of the term "game issue", in which he never went so far as lambeau as to try and "sell" it in his descriptions as actual team originating hardware. GA, I believe, obtains their game issue items from either the teams themselves, or directly from the companies supplying the teams (obtaining extra produced items).

G1X
07-09-2007, 02:18 PM
big1Z,

Perhaps you missed my previous post (post #34). Would you please review that post and honor my kind request?

Mvandor didn't seem to have any problem stating the other firm's complete name once I made my post this morning. Again, I do not want any confusion whatsoever that this is any way related to me.

Thank you,

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

big1Z
07-09-2007, 05:29 PM
You contridict yourself mvandor. In past posts you stated it was impossible to obtain MARINO helmets. However Gridiron Authentics (sorry G1X) has sold 20+ over the last 5 years as "game issued for on-field use". They ar BOTH guilty of the same practices. Gridiron Authentics I've also noticed only has the BIG name athletes except for a couple PATRIOT players (probably because they are convieient for the signings he is part of). I am not going to argue this thread anymore. I just think its fair to point out ALL of the guilty parties. I will start a new thread (sorry Eric) when I see items and ask for inputs. Take car ALL BIG1Z!

mvandor
07-09-2007, 06:17 PM
You contridict yourself mvandor. In past posts you stated it was impossible to obtain MARINO helmets. However Gridiron Authentics (sorry G1X) has sold 20+ over the last 5 years as "game issued for on-field use". They ar BOTH guilty of the same practices. Gridiron Authentics I've also noticed only has the BIG name athletes except for a couple PATRIOT players (probably because they are convieient for the signings he is part of). I am not going to argue this thread anymore. I just think its fair to point out ALL of the guilty parties. I will start a new thread (sorry Eric) when I see items and ask for inputs. Take car ALL BIG1Z!
I would LOVE to see some evidence to support your claim that Gridiron Authentics has in fact sold 20+ Dan Marino game issue Dolphin helmets. I have never seen them list one, just the typical replicas and prolines.

Eric
07-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Big1Z

How do you explain the fact that you are posting from the same IP address as 34DD who has been banned from this site.

34DD is also known as lambeauleeper.

mvandor
07-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Big1Z

How do you explain the fact that you are posting from the same IP address as 34DD who has been banned from this site.

34DD is also known as lambeauleeper.
***content removed- let's not pile on please***

radtke
12-18-2007, 02:56 PM
All Items Have Been Re-worded To "game Style". We Do Not Try And Charge Thousands For Game Style Or The Used Term Game Issue The Helmets Sold In The Past. All The Helmets We Sold Were Not Much More Expensive Than The Regular Pro-lines. Mvandor We Apologize For The Shipping On Your Tomlinson Helmet, But We Did Describe Why It Had To Be Done That Way. If You Are Not Happy, Then Don't Purchase From Us. We Do Not Disclose Information On The Location Of Signings Which Would Have Been Done If We Had To Ship It To You The Way We Wanted. Obviously, You Hold A Grudge But That Was The Way It Had To Be Done. If You Have Questions Or Concerns Our Number Is Posted On Our Site And We Are Open Mon-fri 9am-6pm Est. Thanks

mvandor
12-18-2007, 04:19 PM
All Items Have Been Re-worded To "game Style". We Do Not Try And Charge Thousands For Game Style Or The Used Term Game Issue The Helmets Sold In The Past. All The Helmets We Sold Were Not Much More Expensive Than The Regular Pro-lines. Mvandor We Apologize For The Shipping On Your Tomlinson Helmet, But We Did Describe Why It Had To Be Done That Way. If You Are Not Happy, Then Don't Purchase From Us. We Do Not Disclose Information On The Location Of Signings Which Would Have Been Done If We Had To Ship It To You The Way We Wanted. Obviously, You Hold A Grudge But That Was The Way It Had To Be Done. If You Have Questions Or Concerns Our Number Is Posted On Our Site And We Are Open Mon-fri 9am-6pm Est. Thanks

Wow, Rick (assuming it was you posting under your ID), gross overreaction to dig up a 5 month old post, type with caps on all words and act like I'm an enemy rather than a regular customer that's spent probably thousands with your company.

For the record, I have no grudge against you WHATSOEVER, as stated I have been a regular buyer from you, including sending my LT helmet to your last signing (which wasn't even discussed in this thread). The circuitous road traveled was terribly inefficient since the signing and I were in San Diego, but I completely understood your reasons NO PROBLEM.

As long as you bring it up, however, my only issue was that for the first time in my years of collecting, the helmet sig smeared when I unwrapped it leading me to believe the plastic was added too soon before the ink had dried out. FYI and future reference to prevent a recurrence. Fortunately, I was able to clean the smear up reasonably well with rubbing alcohol and a Q-Tip, so I didn't complain about it.

I applauded your change to the "game style" reference and consider you still to be a favorite source for obtaining items for my growing collection. I trust you still consider me a valued customer. Frankly, I have NO IDEA what provoked you to dig up this thread and go off on me.