Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcrules01
    • Nov 2005

Quick Mets jersey question need answer quick

Did the Mets Alt Black home in 1998 what company did them.AIS or Russell or both??? Help

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com
  • Swoboda4
    • Nov 2005

Re: Quick Mets jersey question need answer quick

I don't know I'm trying to find out.

Comment

• Swoboda4
      • Nov 2005

This photo is from 1998. The right sleeve company logo doesn't look like Russell. And there is no shoulder patch on the right sleeve for that year on the Mets and your photo I think shows a partial patch.

Comment

• TNTtoys
        • Aug 2006

Swoboda -- your photo is of a BP, not a game jersey. The skyline patch is on the other sleeve, why you wouldn't see it in the photo.

Not sure what we have here, because I am familiar with AIS making this style for the Mets black homes in 98. That said, Russell could have also been a supplier, but I have no evidence to point to whether they did or didn't.

Anyone out there have a 98 Mets home alt black?
        Looking for ...
        Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
        Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
        Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• cohibasmoker
          Banned
          • Aug 2005

That looks like a Majestic-made jersey.

Comment

• cohibasmoker
            Banned
            • Aug 2005

There is a Piazza jersey on eBay from the same year. This too looks like a BP jersey. The patch is on the left side. Attached are the scans.

Jim
            Attached Files

Comment

• dcrules01
              • Nov 2005

I can not find that Piazza on ebay . I emailed the seller several questions and ask for a closer scan of the Russell tag but they never responded.I my cd that I bout about uniform history all it has is for the Mets 98 jerseys is Russell/AIS.If anybody finds out lmk i'm gonna keep looking...

Comment

• dcrules01
                • Nov 2005

Majestic made the bp's . Ive seen a 1999 Jason Isringhausen which the tagging was made by Rawlings.I'm gonna keep looking around like I said if you guys come up with anything lmk ...

Comment

• TNTtoys
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by cohibasmoker
                  There is a Piazza jersey on eBay from the same year. This too looks like a BP jersey. The patch is on the left side. Attached are the scans.

Jim
                  Jim,

Yours is a game jersey (though the jury is out as to whether or not it is a real one). The best way to tell the difference between the black home BPs and the black home alt game jerseys (if you can't tell the mesh from the solid polyester in the photos) is that the game jerseys have blue piping, the BPs don't. They both have patches in the same places.

Nick
                  Looking for ...
                  Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
                  Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
                  Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• cbb5
                    • Nov 2005

That jersey is bogus. The Mets did indeed have AIS manufacture the black home alt. jersey in 1998. Here is a Carlos Baerga example. The Piazza is also a fake. There is even a post somewhere on this board concerning it. No one has ever seen tagging like that on any Mets jersey. Hope this helps!
                    Chris
                    PS-It'd also be nice to know which side the R is on. If Russell truly manufactured those jerseys that year, there would be an R on the sleeve. There was no mark for an AIS jersey.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• dcrules01
                      • Nov 2005

Nice jersey ..Thanks for the heads up and sharing your knowledge.Well someone bought a bogus jersey last night.It is obvious to me the seller did not know anything or was just avoiding my questions.I emailed them 3 times over the course of the auctions with no response.Which I have had happen a lot lately.Thanks again

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2005

Hi guys. The Piazza jersey is not mine. When I saw the thread by dcrules01 asking for help, I dug around the net and on eBay, I found the Piazza.

The item number is 300126212742. The seller lives in California somewhere. Maybe those interested could contact the seller and perhaps the seller can answer some of the questions surrounding the jersey.

Jim

Comment

Working...