PDA

View Full Version : Boston RedSox exclusive partnership with Steiner Sports

ham1963
07-03-2007, 12:29 PM
I just got this e-mail from Steiner Sports
exclusive partnership with the Boston Red Sox. Through this deal we will have direct access to all game used items from Fenway Park. This includes:
--Baseballs (12 per game)
--Bases (3 per game)
--Lineup Cards (1 for each home and road game)
--Pitching Rubbers and Home Plates (each homestand)
--Bats (as they crack)
--Home and Road Jerseys (once at the all star break and once at end of season)
--BP Jerseys (after the season)
--Caps (once at the all star break and once at the end of season)
--Helmets (after the season)
--Locker Room Chairs, nameplates, and equipment bags (once per month for main guys)
--Warmup jackets (after the season)
--Pants (after the season)
Comments I know everyone has one.
John

kellsox
07-03-2007, 12:36 PM
This has been in the works for a while. I've been in contact with them and the bats that they currently have avail. have displaced cracks, some with pieces missing. Some of the less severe basts are already put aside for auction through either mlb or steiner auctions. Line up cards are a bit pricey- in the past I had bought them from the Red Sox sovenier store for 100 each. However, it will get some legit jerseys out on to the market
Kelly

STLFan2003
07-03-2007, 03:08 PM
how much will bench players jerseys and helmets go for?

kingjammy24
07-03-2007, 06:09 PM
"how much will bench players jerseys and helmets go for?"

if it resembles their yankees deal, common jerseys will probably start off at $1k and within a year steiner will be selling them on ebay for $200.

anyway, meigray strikes similar "exclusive" arrangements. when i asked barry meisel how he intends to maintain the integrity of meigray items and enforce his exclusive contracts, he replied that they'll sew an id tag inside every single jersey when it's delivered to the team. this means that even if a player decides to secretly remove a jersey from the clubhouse, it should still have the meigray tag. seems like a great solution to me. my question was prompted by the many non-meigray Arod and Palmeiro
Ranger gamers that were marketed by Arod and Palmeiro.

in this vein, i'm curious how steiner is going to seriously claim they have exclusive access when they themselves admit that players can take jerseys out of the clubhouse before steiner slaps their hologram on them. that is, steiner admits there are completely legit, non-steiner 2006+ yankees gamers out there. esm recently sold this 2005 Arod BP gamer for over $1400:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120133910375

steiner knew about the auction and chose not to shut it down because they admitted arod could've taken the jersey from the clubhouse and it may be legit. keep in mind, esm acquired this jersey while steiner had "an exclusive contract". very exclusive indeed. what's to stop manny and ortiz from continuing to sell crates of their jerseys, regardless of steiner's "exclusive access"? steiner's signed a deal with the redsox and they still can't control their yankees items.

rudy.

ham1963
07-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I agree with Rudy, Look at the prices of jerseys that Steiner had when they exclusive partnerships with the Yankees and Mets. Now they have weekly sales. I hope that they have some of the older RedSox jerseys for sale later on.
John;)

cohibasmoker
07-03-2007, 09:12 PM
1K for common player jerseys? Wow. If you folks want a jersey a tad more affordable, check out eBay auction 280131071268.

It's a home Red Sox jersey from 1992. It was worn by Tom Brunarsky and is complete with the memorial armband and JRY initials.

Jim Papaycik

bigtime59
07-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Curious that there is no mention of the alternate jersey, which is what I would be looking for!

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

indyred
07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Curious that there is no mention of the alternate jersey, which is what I would be looking for!

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

Do they even use the red alternate jersey anymore? I don't recall them even using it this season and only a couple times last year.

Has anyone seen any of the green jerseys surface they used on Red Auerbach night at Fenway this year? I wonder if Steiner will get those. Does Manny finally get a new helmet next year!

jake33
07-21-2007, 09:44 AM
any idea if they will get OLD red sox game jerseys? or just recent items?

bfriedman
08-10-2007, 06:45 PM
We have officially received 3 sets of Red Sox jersey's from the first half of 2007... home, road and red alternate's worn for one game this season. We will not be receiving any archives from previous seasons. I can confirm that prices start at $750. For a full list or any information you can contact me directly at bfriedman@steinersports.com or 914-307-1087.

Thanks,
Brett Friedman
Steiner Sports

cohibasmoker
08-11-2007, 10:11 AM
I just re-read bfriedman's thread again. Part of the thread goes:

We have officially received 3 sets of Red Sox jersey's from the first half of 2007... home, road and red alternate's worn for one game this season.

Jim

kellsox
08-11-2007, 10:14 AM
From the information that I recieved, the home/road jerseys were used during the 1st 1/2 of the season. The red alternates were worn for 1 game vs the Braves in May.
Kelly