PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee Photo Match

eGameUsed
07-05-2007, 10:44 AM
All,

Need some help here! I am not that good with photo software, but have what I think is a match. Please help. Attached are the photos. There are two blue ball marks and the pine tar look to be a match. Opinions and help very much appreciated.

gameused
07-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Chris,

Nice find! Certain areas of the pine tar and wood grain all match, along with the blue ink transfers, I'd say a definite match.

Bobby

RyanZimmerman11
07-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Looks like a good match :)

And to think...I've been ridiculed and called "too picky" for wanting a Zimm bat that I can photo match too :rolleyes:

I guess I'm just not worthy enough. I suppose I need to build up some sore of a prestigious reputation before I can aquire a bat that can be photo matched.

Sorry for the rant on your thread.....but I'm just tired of some of the "holier than thou" attitudes on this board.

Anyway...NICE bat! ;) Congrats on the photo match.

Vintagedeputy
07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
egameused - nice bat and I think it could be a match. A zoom shot of the knob should tell you alot.

RyanZimmerman11 - hey man, I'm not trying to get into your fight but you have got to eae up a bit. To classify the "board" as having a "holier than thou" attitude is just wrong. There are many great, knowledgable people here and they deserve some respect. I cannot say enough for those that have helped me out. I think perhaps and apology is in order. I dont want to hijack egameused's thread but I felt that I had to address your comment and the fact that you used this thread as a sounding board for an issue that you are apparently having with someone.

RyanZimmerman11
07-05-2007, 12:19 PM
egameused - nice bat and I think it could be a match. A zoom shot of the knob should tell you alot.

RyanZimmerman11 - hey man, I'm not trying to get into your fight but you have got to eae up a bit. To classify the "board" as having a "holier than thou" attitude is just wrong. There are many great, knowledgable people here and they deserve some respect. I cannot say enough for those that have helped me out. I think perhaps and apology is in order. I dont want to hijack egameused's thread but I felt that I had to address your comment and the fact that you used this thread as a sounding board for an issue that you are apparently having with someone.

Read what I said again. Did I say the whole board? No. I said some on the board.......

Please do not put words in my mouth. I am not having an issue with someone. I have issues with some of the attitudes I have seen here. Repeat...some......of the attitudes. The same thing I said the first time. So don't twist my words. Thanks ;)

Apology not offered, or deemed neccessary.

Vintagedeputy
07-05-2007, 03:10 PM
I cant imagine that anyone who read what I said would have responded in the manner in which you did.....but you did. If you have an issue with someone's attitude, please address it with them privately. Don't fire the shotgun off in hopes that the pellets will hit the guilty party.

Enjoy your collection.

RyanZimmerman11
07-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I cant imagine that anyone who read what I said would have responded in the manner in which you did.....but you did. If you have an issue with someone's attitude, please address it with them privately. Don't fire the shotgun off in hopes that the pellets will hit the guilty party.

Enjoy your collection.

I'm done before I ever really got started. Selling off the few pieces I picked up and that's that. I do things to have fun, not to be subjected to the whole "mine's bigger than your's" juvenile attitudes that I see a majority of "game used" collectors having.

But thanks all the same. Take care.

eGameUsed
07-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow! Thought I had a handful of responses and opinions and come to find out there is a ranting lunatic in my thread! Thanks Bobby and Vintage for the compliments! I had about 10 of his bats from this year and that was the first to find what I thought was a photomatch.

RyanZimmerman, it sounds like you have taken the fun out of the hobby for yourself. You come on this thread offering your opinion while obviously trying to nudge some other issue. Just relax, calm down, take a deep breath, and smile! World is bigger than a photo matches bat. See you later!

Vintagedeputy
07-05-2007, 06:05 PM
egame - its a beautiful bat and I hope you enjoy it!

RyanZimmerman11 - if you are going to let a few comments by faceless posters on the internet ruin a perfectly good hobby for you, I feel sorry. I know that I'm not the first person you picked a fight with here at GUU and I'm sure that I wont be the last unless you make your threats come true and leave. If you have "size envy", find a hobby where the playing field is level. If you can calm down and stop taking everything as a personal attack, stick around....you might learn something.

RyanZimmerman11
07-05-2007, 06:27 PM
egame - its a beautiful bat and I hope you enjoy it!

RyanZimmerman11 - if you are going to let a few comments by faceless posters on the internet ruin a perfectly good hobby for you, I feel sorry. I know that I'm not the first person you picked a fight with here at GUU and I'm sure that I wont be the last unless you make your threats come true and leave. If you have "size envy", find a hobby where the playing field is level. If you can calm down and stop taking everything as a personal attack, stick around....you might learn something.

One of my points exactly...

Where did I pick a fight with you genius?

I made a comment and you continually jump to conclusions.

Grow the hell up pal.

kellsox
07-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm done before I ever really got started. Selling off the few pieces I picked up and that's that. I do things to have fun, not to be subjected to the whole "mine's bigger than your's" juvenile attitudes that I see a majority of "game used" collectors having.

But thanks all the same. Take care.

Thought you were done?

RyanZimmerman11
07-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Thought you were done?

Aww, another board wise ass. Just what I'd expect.

Vintagedeputy
07-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Son, you just dont know when to quit.

RyanZimmerman11
07-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Son, you just dont know when to quit.

Son? lol What are you 27? You're a kid.

While your ego is unmatchable and pathetic, I do appreciate the few emails I have gotten from some of the more easy going members. I appreciate their kind words.

33bird
07-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Anybody know where I can unload some Zimmerman game used stuff? The guy is terrible and so are the Nat'ls.
JUST STIRRING THE POT A LITTLE
GREG

RyanZimmerman11
07-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Anybody know where I can unload some Zimmerman game used stuff? The guy is terrible and so are the Nat'ls.
JUST STIRRING THE POT A LITTLE
GREG

:D

I'm not that kind of collector lol I don't get wound up about my player(s). Just certain people and certain kinds of people in this hobby.

As for Zimm, he batting what .245 and change? Not good at all. And you're right about the Nats, they are terrible ;)

Vintagedeputy
07-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Son? lol What are you 27? You're a kid.

While your ego is unmatchable and pathetic, I do appreciate the few emails I have gotten from some of the more easy going members. I appreciate their kind words.

27? Man I wish. Oh to be 27 again.

and how old are you....son?

jon_8_us
07-05-2007, 08:45 PM
27? Man I wish. Oh to be 27 again.

and how old are you....son?

Vintage,
Stay out of this your better than that.....
jon

staindsox
07-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Hey Zim, you should cool it a little and try a little harder to make friends here. For the most part, the regulars here really try to help each other out. A lot of guys have helped me out when I've posted a question or dropped them an email. Likewise, I always try to help out wherever I can. There aren't really that many regulars at GUU and if you go around pissing a lot of people off, they probably won't go out of the way to help you. It will just be a lot tougher getting help.

My other piece of advice is be aware that this isn't the only forum where GUU members post. When you comment on other members from GUU, you may wish to do so more tactfully. I'm just trying to help here before you alienate yourself too much.

Chris

Vintagedeputy
07-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Jon - you are right. I should know better.

RyanZimmerman11
07-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey Zim, you should cool it a little and try a little harder to make friends here. For the most part, the regulars here really try to help each other out. A lot of guys have helped me out when I've posted a question or dropped them an email. Likewise, I always try to help out wherever I can. There aren't really that many regulars at GUU and if you go around pissing a lot of people off, they probably won't go out of the way to help you. It will just be a lot tougher getting help.

My other piece of advice is be aware that this isn't the only forum where GUU members post. When you comment on other members from GUU, you may wish to do so more tactfully. I'm just trying to help here before you alienate yourself too much.

Chris

I hear you.

You're right. No need to get involved in a pissing match with some young punk. I'm better off ignoring him.

Thanks ;)

Vintagedeputy
07-06-2007, 08:40 AM
That's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Vintagedeputy
07-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Hey everyone - please do not engage RyanZimmerman11 in any more online conversations. He means business as evidenced by the pm that he just sent to me (shown below, profanity edited by me). I'm shaking in my boots and you all should be too. He's a scary dude. I hope that I never meet him in person because I'm sure he'll beat me up. Oh please, someone protect me. My apologies to egame for the continued hijacking of his thread but I thought that everyone should see this pm in the vein of this thread.

For you information I am 32, not much younger than you at 37.
So you take take those "son" remarks and stick them up your wifes @*$.
Secondly, Any time you want to continue this "conversation" in person..you let me know. I'll be all too happy to deal with your smartmouth face to face. Though I'm willing to put money on the fact that you nothing more that a piece of @#$% online tough guy.....and a poor one at that. I seriously hope to see you soon "tough guy" ;)

I love the ignore member feature!

ChrisCavalier
07-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

Sorry I missed this thread yesterday. We are locking it for obvious reasons. Along with the rules against personal attacks and baiting, this is probably a good time to reiterate the following rule as well:

It is expected that all posts are to be created with a sincere attempt to benefit the hobby. Any posts which the Administrator deems as a personal attack or an attempt to unnecessarily discredit others will be subject to the administrative rules of the forum.

In addition, attempts to attack other forum members through the pm'ing feature will not be tolerated.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier