PDA

View Full Version : Un-tasteful Team Promotions

allstarsplus
07-06-2007, 09:32 AM
I heard this on the radio and thought it was a "bad" joke.

Baysox Host Bad Breath Night This Friday (http://www.baysox.com/news/?id=12985)

http://baysox.com.ismmedia.com/ISM2/NewsManager/4155.jpeg.300.jpeg
July 5, 2007 - (Bowie, MD) – The Bowie Baysox, Class “AA” Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, are set to host Bad Breath Night, honoring halitosis on Friday, July 6th at 7:05 pm, when the Baysox take on the Akron Aeros. The Baysox will be on the lookout for the most un-hygenic mouths in the Baltimore/Washington D.C. metro area to attend Bad Breath Night.

The Baysox will even be giving an award to the person with the worst breath in the ballpark, (yes, we will be checking). We are looking to make this the worst night possible, (for breath that is), so feel free to inhale and exhale at will and fill up the park with oohs and aahs throughout the game.

Our lucky intern, Harrison will be doing breath testing from the first inning through the seventh inning stretch and will be determining the mouth with the worst breath. Fans are encouraged to stop by Harrison’s Halitosis Hut until the seventh inning stretch, when the “Worst Breath in the Ballpark” will be determined. If a fan doesn’t already have bad breath, not to worry you will have plenty of time to snack on some great ballpark food items such as, Anchovy/Onion and Garlic Pizza, Onion Nachos and Garlic Hot Dogs to get your breath really gnarly for Harrison to test.

There will also be variety of promotions throughout the game that promote bad breath, including an onion eating contest, fish fly, and an orange juice squeeze off. Upon entry to the game all fans will be given a halitosis teaser questionnaire to fill out during the game. There will be one winner chosen for the halitosis teaser questionnaire contest, with the winner receiving a “good” breath prize pack, including (toothpaste, a toothbrush, mouthwash, gum, and fresh breath strips). Select fans will also participate in a Bad Breath Trivia challenge, with all winners receiving a prize pack including items that promote bad breath.

Following the conclusion of the game, every fan exiting the ballpark will receive a free breath mint, courtesy of the Baysox. Because of course we wouldn’t want you to hit the highway with halitosis.

Vintagedeputy
07-06-2007, 09:56 AM
And we thought Disco Demolition night was bad!

RyanZimmerman11
07-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I've heard of some creative themes, but that one is a tab bit on the nasty side. lol

I'm not sure I'd want to be the one winning that contest ;)