PDA

View Full Version : My New Baseball Room

slidekellyslide
01-16-2006, 02:36 PM
It's official....I have run out of room. I may have to move the book collection to another room. One thing is for certain: Moving to a smaller room is going to help me focus my collecting goals. Now I just have to figure out if I'm going to sell the stuff I've got packed away or just let it sit in the event I ever finish my basement.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b331/nudan92/Vintage%20Baseball%20Memorabilia/

vintagesportscollector
01-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks for sharing Dan. It's a treat to finally get to see your collection in such great detail. I love the room and of course all your numerous treasures. Is there a place in the room to sit and take it all in? If not I recommend throwing in a couple old stadium seats. :)

slidekellyslide
01-16-2006, 06:32 PM
I would love to get a couple of stadium seats and was actually thinking this may be my next big purchase....The bookshelves would definitely have to move to another room for that to happen. :)

mjkm90
01-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks Dan! Great room. I love the old balls in the box in particular. That is an area I am always looking to expand. We have some of the same boxes, but you have several I do not. If you want more space try reorganizing the room and clear out your non-favorites to make room for what you want. I love filling holes in my collection. Whenever I sell something, I go on the hunt for an upgrade.

Mike H

imlemonysnicket
01-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Wow! Awesome room and collection. This might be a silly question, but do any of you guys keep track of your collection in a database or list form?

slidekellyslide
01-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Mike, not all of the boxes have balls in them....I've been trying to fill the empty ones with what I find on ebay....lately a few dealers?/Collectors? have been putting some really obscure balls on. I've noticed in pictures of your room that you have some on your shelf, but I can't tell which ones they are. Also I noticed that my Western League ball box looks a lot like your Waner box, only mine doesn't have a ballplayer pictured on it.

Brett, I don't really keep a database, but I'm thinking I need to catalog all my stuff. The only thing I have really organized are my photos and scorecard/programs.