PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard to find a Legit Steelers gamer?

SuperMario66
07-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Title say's it all.... The ones on ebay are always game issued and questionable at that. The ones on the auction sites never seem to match what they actually wear in the games. Do the Steelers keep them ??? :D

Eric
07-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Some teams like the Steelers and Patriots are very tight about letting stuff out.

On the other end of the spectrum, it seems like if you're a Cowboys fan, as far as the hobby, you're in fat city.

Utopian2630
07-09-2007, 06:56 PM
The Steelers DO keep most every jersey. When I was a sports editor, I was in the equipment room once for a piece I was doing and saw that they have an inventory of almost EVERY jersey going back to the 70's. They are all placed in storage boxes simply labled something like 'HOME 79' and 'AWAY '79' and The same also applies to helmets where they have hanging helmet shells. I've always wanted to find out why they never sold gamers in the team store because ANYTHING with black and gold on it will sell.

B1SON
07-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Imagine the luck of the guy who gets his hands on that stuff someday. I am sure it would be a bulk purchase and done considering they have never sold any before.

The Steelers DO keep most every jersey. When I was a sports editor, I was in the equipment room once for a piece I was doing and saw that they have an inventory of almost EVERY jersey going back to the 70's. They are all placed in storage boxes simply labled something like 'HOME 79' and 'AWAY '79' and The same also applies to helmets where they have hanging helmet shells. I've always wanted to find out why they never sold gamers in the team store because ANYTHING with black and gold on it will sell.

Utopian2630
07-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Imagine the luck of the guy who gets his hands on that stuff someday. I am sure it would be a bulk purchase and done considering they have never sold any before.

I know...and what a high dollar 'bulk buy' that would be. They had discussed doing something like a 'house sale' when they were moving from Three Rivers to Heinz Field according to someone I spoke with there, but I guess it never got off the ground. You know, with the money and interest that entire inventory would have brought, they could have used that money for Heinz Field instead of public funds...hahaha....

SuperMario66
07-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Does anyone here have a legit game used Steelers jersey or even some nice game issued ones for me to see? NFL auctions had a few team issued jerseys but not any game used ones.

gridman80
07-10-2007, 12:13 PM
I don't know if he is still there but equipment manager Tony Parisi at one time liked to trade Steelers stuff for game used Hockey jerseys....some, but not very much, Steelers stuff made it out thru this channel...I'm sure Tony would deny it...

Utopian2630
07-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Does anyone here have a legit game used Steelers jersey or even some nice game issued ones for me to see? NFL auctions had a few team issued jerseys but not any game used ones.

I'm in the process of paying on a 1998 home Kordell Stewart that came from a very solid source. I would have had it sooner, but MAJOR car problems came up which was pretty nasty. As soon as I pick it up, I'll post some pics of it.

SuperMario66
07-11-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm in the process of paying on a 1998 home Kordell Stewart that came from a very solid source. I would have had it sooner, but MAJOR car problems came up which was pretty nasty. As soon as I pick it up, I'll post some pics of it.

you ever need to sell it, hit me up !!!

steeltownjerseys
08-30-2007, 09:20 AM
I have been collecting Steelers jerseys for years. That being said, I have very few game worn because of things that were already said here. I have heard the same as the above poster, in that the Rooney's have the jerseys boxed up and labeled. I have seen game jerseys on display, and the couple that I have, have come straight from the player.
I must say that I am glad that they are so rare. If they were readily available, like some teams, I think the some of the mystique would be lost!