PDA

View Full Version : O.K., I give up.......

Yankwood
07-11-2007, 05:47 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tino-Martinez-Baltimore-Orioles-Game-used-bat-Yankees_W0QQitemZ150141109556QQihZ005QQcategoryZ60 596QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, What's going on here?

XPFO
07-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Classic...I can't wait to see the guys response from the e-mail I just sent him about Tino never being an Oriole.

Vintagedeputy
07-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Whose sig is that anyway?

ironmanfan
07-11-2007, 06:51 PM
That would be Chito Matinez who has the distinction of hitting the last home run at Baltimore's Memorial Stadium in 1991...

stlbats
07-11-2007, 06:54 PM
that does look like a Tino Martinez signature model LVS. ?????

who knows

jason

Carlevv
07-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Guys, Louisville messed this one up. I had a Mo Vaughn Louisville Slugger that had Astros on it at one point. Human error. Thats a Tino bat though.

Yankwood
07-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Guys, Louisville messed this one up. I had a Mo Vaughn Louisville Slugger that had Astros on it at one point. Human error. Thats a Tino bat though.It's definitely the Tino autograph.

metsbats
07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
I agree with Carlevv. I've seen Benny Agbayani bats stamped "Philadelphia Phillies" which are error bats. I can see how HB can get mixed it and use the wrong stamp "CHITO" /"TINO" MARTINEZ.

David

island_style
07-13-2007, 04:37 AM
I agree with Carlevv. I've seen Benny Agbayani bats stamped "Philadelphia Phillies" which are error bats. I can see how HB can get mixed it and use the wrong stamp "CHITO" /"TINO" MARTINEZ.

David

Hi, David.

I have one of the Benny Agbayani Louisville Slugger bats with "Philadelphia Phillies" on the barrel (he was with the Mets at the time). The bat has game use and the ends were marked just like every other Agbayani bat I have.

The bat was from a Zane auction that said it was part of a Veterans Stadium collection. At first, I thought that maybe some players had bats made with "Philadelphia Phillies" on the barrel to commemorate the final season for Veterans Stadium. However, I e-mailed Zane, and he replied that the Veterans Stadium reference was in regards to a group of bats that he purchased ("saved") before they were headed for the dumpster.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

aeneas01
07-13-2007, 05:30 AM
fwiw, i have dealt with ebayer capecollector many times and have found him to be as honest as the day is long - he's also always struck me as a very nice guy. with that said, it's my opinion that he's far from an expert when it comes some of the items he sells - at least when it comes to football helmets. just a nice guy who finds and sells quality items imo...

Vintagedeputy
07-13-2007, 05:40 AM
I can see the LS screw up. We have discussed this type of thing before about bats being misbranded with the wrong model numbers.

metsbats
07-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi, David.

I have one of the Benny Agbayani Louisville Slugger bats with "Philadelphia Phillies" on the barrel (he was with the Mets at the time). The bat has game use and the ends were marked just like every other Agbayani bat I have.

The bat was from a Zane auction that said it was part of a Veterans Stadium collection. At first, I thought that maybe some players had bats made with "Philadelphia Phillies" on the barrel to commemorate the final season for Veterans Stadium. However, I e-mailed Zane, and he replied that the Veterans Stadium reference was in regards to a group of bats that he purchased ("saved") before they were headed for the dumpster.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Hi Ron,

So it seems like if the bat was in possession of the Phillies it was sent by HB to them thinking Benny was a Phillie and may have been used by a member of the Phillies and not Benny? Though you say the markings are the same as other Agbayani bats (which i guess means #50 on the knob).

Interesting scenario.

David

island_style
07-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Hi Ron,

So it seems like if the bat was in possession of the Phillies it was sent by HB to them thinking Benny was a Phillie and may have been used by a member of the Phillies and not Benny? Though you say the markings are the same as other Agbayani bats (which i guess means #50 on the knob).

Interesting scenario.

David

Hi, David.

Very interesting scenario, indeed. However, the #50 written on the ends matched the style of my other Agbayani Mets bats.

Curiously, I looked at the Phillies roster for 2003 (the last season for Veterans Stadium). They did have a player who wore #50 that season. The player? Josh Hancock.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com