PDA

View Full Version : Question on ebay bidding and snipes

Vintagedeputy
07-14-2007, 10:34 PM
I have a question and I've never had this situation before.....

Say I place a $10 bid on an item...

Can I place a second bid thorugh a snipe service for $100 without bumping up my $10 bid to $100 when the snipe fires?....that is to say, does the snipe service know that my first $10 bid is my bid and not to jump it to $100?

Also, can I put that same $100 bid into ebay without it overiding my $10 bid and jumping it to $100? I would like it to only go up to $100 if someone outbids my $10 bid.

Can anyone answer this?

both-teams-played-hard
07-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Your bid will not raise until another bidder bids.

camarokids
07-14-2007, 10:54 PM
on ebay you can enter a new higher bid ,without raising the current bid . If no one bids against you , you win at the minimum bid , in this case $10 (scenario) is your min bid . You win if there is no reserve .

ebays snipe service won't work if you already bid. At least that what the pc told me ..

Vintagedeputy
07-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Great info guys, thanks!

I actually use another snipe service and that has worked great. I'm going to just take my chance and put a second bid in through ebay. In all the years I've been ebay, I never had this situation come up.

Jim

gr8soxfan
07-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Unless there's a reserve. If you place your bid and it doesnt meet the the reserve you can bid again until you meet the reseerve. Only if your the top bidder. Say you place a bid of $10 the reserve is $90 and you decide to raise your min. bid to $100 they will automatically raise the bid to $90 with havy anyone else outbid you.

Vintagedeputy
07-15-2007, 11:08 AM
good info, thank you!

I've done so much with ebay since '98 and actually never thought about this situation before so its all good to know.

Jim

big10champ
07-15-2007, 04:33 PM
As a bidder, I will look at the previous bid history. If I see the top bidder has placed two bids and is still the high bidder, it is a good indication that the high bidders first bid is just higher than the top bid. The second bid shows me that this high bidder is willing to go higher on the item. It shows me that I should bid up in small incrumints to see the high bidders true max. Just a thought.