Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vintagedeputy
    • Oct 2005

Question on ebay bidding and snipes

I have a question and I've never had this situation before.....

Say I place a $10 bid on an item...

Can I place a second bid thorugh a snipe service for $100 without bumping up my $10 bid to $100 when the snipe fires?....that is to say, does the snipe service know that my first $10 bid is my bid and not to jump it to $100?

Also, can I put that same $100 bid into ebay without it overiding my $10 bid and jumping it to $100? I would like it to only go up to $100 if someone outbids my $10 bid.

Can anyone answer this?
  • both-teams-played-hard
    • Nov 2005

Re: Question on ebay bidding and snipes

Your bid will not raise until another bidder bids.

Comment

• camarokids
      • Jun 2006

on ebay you can enter a new higher bid ,without raising the current bid . If no one bids against you , you win at the minimum bid , in this case $10 (scenario) is your min bid . You win if there is no reserve .

ebays snipe service won't work if you already bid. At least that what the pc told me ..
      Thank you,
      David

This is my email address here!
      dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
        • Oct 2005

Great info guys, thanks!

I actually use another snipe service and that has worked great. I'm going to just take my chance and put a second bid in through ebay. In all the years I've been ebay, I never had this situation come up.

Jim

Comment

• gr8soxfan
          Banned
          • Feb 2007

Unless there's a reserve. If you place your bid and it doesnt meet the the reserve you can bid again until you meet the reseerve. Only if your the top bidder. Say you place a bid of $10 the reserve is $90 and you decide to raise your min. bid to $100 they will automatically raise the bid to $90 with havy anyone else outbid you.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
            • Oct 2005

good info, thank you!

I've done so much with ebay since '98 and actually never thought about this situation before so its all good to know.

Jim

Comment

• big10champ
              • Sep 2006

As a bidder, I will look at the previous bid history. If I see the top bidder has placed two bids and is still the high bidder, it is a good indication that the high bidders first bid is just higher than the top bid. The second bid shows me that this high bidder is willing to go higher on the item. It shows me that I should bid up in small incrumints to see the high bidders true max. Just a thought.
              Brian
              big10champ@msn.com
              Always looking for Vintage University of Minnesota items, Minnesota Twins Game Used Bats, and Minnesota Wild Game Used items. View some of my collection at http://community.webshots.com/user/GopherCountry

Comment

Working...