Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ozric
    • May 2007

Help With Jose Canseco

Hey Guys! Just need some help from the Canseco experts on the forum. I've been meaning to pick up a nice Canseco gamer and there are 4 now listed up for auction on Ebay. Any thoughts on which one is the more desirable of the bunch and how much should I expect to shell ouy for a gamer of his. Thanks,

sandmanclan@sbcglobal.net
  • Ozric
    • May 2007

Re: Help With Jose Canseco

Sorry, here are the links...

Comment

• JasonM33
      • Oct 2006

I think the homerun #403 bat is the most desirable. That's just my opinion. It's a gorgeous bat and it has a rare notation being that it's a HR bat. I like the 1992 Mizuno too but the handle crack takes away from it a little.

-Jason M

Comment

• Ozric
        • May 2007

Thanks for the reply Jason. It is much appreciated. I have my eye on that one as well. I am also partial to Sam bats and there is a super nice looking one in the other link. Anybody have an idea of what the value is on the HR bat is? It's unusual, but I think he might have signed a number of his HR bats and offered them for sale.

Comment

• mailman93
          • Nov 2005

I agree with Jason, the HR bat is the best one. 2 of the bats have cracks, so I would stay away from them. I only prefer bats that are uncracked. its a high starting bid, but HR bats don't come along everyday. thanks Dan

Comment

• Ozric
            • May 2007

Dan, many thanks for your reply... Do you think that the Canseco HR bat is a fair price if I can get it at the $400.00 or do you think that it is a bit high??? I really have no idea how much his gamers sell for let alone a HR gamer.

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

• JasonM33
              • Oct 2006

Well, it depends. In my opinion the Canseco market is quite volatile. It's subject to shift at a moments notice mainly because of all the steroid stuff. His stuff seems to have expeirienced a little resurgence in the last few years because he was in the news with his book. Canseco has a handfull of hardcore fans that are always buying his stuff no matter what. But the rest of the collecting world might turn sour on him for good after the steroid stuff dies down. You never know how things might play out once the dust has cleared. So I say if you just want the bat for yourself to keep then I think $400 is a fair price for an uncracked HR bat. But, if you are looking to enjoy it for a while and then re-sell it, you may find yourself not being able to even get your money back for it. That's the way I see it anyway.

-Jason M

Comment

• Ozric
                • May 2007

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

Tim

Comment

• mailman93
                  • Nov 2005

Hey Tim, Jason is right on again. if you want it, because your a fan of Jose then $400 is a good price. theres not many HR bats around. the guy selling it is a good guy, talk to him maybe he can give you a better price. if theres no bids, sometimes the seller will give you a deal. thanks Dan

Comment

• JasonM33
                    • Oct 2006

Cheers gentlemen

-Jason M

Comment

• camarokids
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by mailman93
                      Hey Tim, Jason is right on again. if you want it, because your a fan of Jose then $400 is a good price. theres not many HR bats around. the guy selling it is a good guy, talk to him maybe he can give you a better price. if theres no bids, sometimes the seller will give you a deal. thanks Dan

the auction for the HR bat was at $300 and raised to $400 a day or two ago.....
                      Thank you,
                      David

This is my email address here!
                      dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• Ozric
                        • May 2007

Wow, the guy increased it from $300.00 to $400.00. I must have missed that. I wonder why the increase if there were no bidders... Thanks for the info David!!!

Comment

• camarokids
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Ozric
                          Wow, the guy increased it from $300.00 to $400.00. I must have missed that. I wonder why the increase if there were no bidders... Thanks for the info David!!!
                          I am not sure ?? but a few days ago I emailed the seller to ask if he was going to accept paypal . See other thread on the benefits of using paypal . Then the next thing I know he raised the price .

Canseco was selling his everyday gamers on his website for $265 and $275 . Like Jason and Dan say the prices vary . I would spend in the area of $200 for a nice gamer if not a little more . I feel the HR bat listed should sell for less than other HR bats due to the signature and inscription are sloppy compared to the others . see thread below for pics of HR bats 403, 406 and 410 .

Thank you,
                          David

This is my email address here!
                          dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• indyred
                            • May 2006

I really like the SAM Devil Rays bat on ebay of the one's out there. I know that seller had it listed before and sold it outside of ebay, making a few people upset that they didn't let the auction go. Must not have gotten paid for it. There is a thread on the boards about it somewhere.

Comment

• Ozric
                              • May 2007

Thanks for the info. The Sam bat is beautiful. I found the thread you referenced regarding it. It appears that a number of forum members were interested in it before. It will be funny to see what happens this time around as I'm sure a number of us will be watching. I wonder how many of those who missed out the first time will be e-mailing him to end it early this time around. Let's hope he allows it to take it's course and see what it's value really is considering the amount of interest it has created coupled with who might be bidding on it.

Comment

Working...