PDA

View Full Version : BP jerseys used in a real regulation game...

staindsox
07-15-2007, 03:01 PM
On July 6, 2005, the Twins used their BP jerseys in a game against the Angels in Anaheim. Why would they do this: the heat? other jerseys not available? trying the new cool base fabric? How common is this that BP jerseys are used in a regulation game (not a spring training exhibition)?

If you had one of these, would you consider it a game used jersey? Is it a game used jersey because it was used in a real game or would you still consider it a BP jersey because a BP jersey is a BP jersey, regardless of how it was used. I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are.

Thanks.

Chris

DonTheLegend
07-15-2007, 06:32 PM
i am by no means an authority on GU items, nor do i pretend to be.

i would say, as a collector, that these particular BP jerseys would be "game used".

i think that anything used during a regular season game by an MLB (or any other pro sport) player should be considered game used. reguardless if it was originally a BP jersey (or hat for that matter).

however, a BP jersey from a different set other than that used would still be a BP jersey.

possum
07-15-2007, 08:59 PM
If they wore them in a game, it doesn't matter if their wifebeaters, they are game worn.

G1X
07-16-2007, 11:39 AM
On April 27, 2005, the Washington Nationals wore their red mesh BP tops in a home game against the Phillies (see numerous photos on Getty images). That was the only regular season game where they wore the BP tops in game action. Note that the BP tops are different than the Sunday red knit jerseys they wore in 2006 and again this season.

The question that probably can never be answered is whether a well-worn Nats' BP top was used on April 27, or is simply one worn in BP practices at some point during the season.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

indyred
07-16-2007, 12:58 PM
The Twins have done it a few times. I know they did it in Miller Park a few years ago. They said it was so hot, they just went with the lighter BP jerseys for the game.

ironmanfan
07-16-2007, 02:10 PM
In the early to mid 1990's the Orioles would always wear their black pullover warumps as gamers whenever Ben McDonald pitched.

island_style
07-17-2007, 04:58 AM
The Dodgers used to wear pre-game blue mesh jerseys for their annual "Think Blue" Week mid-way through the season with a home plate-shaped "Think Blue" patch on the sleeves for those games.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

psmachetti
07-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Obviously game worn.
Paul

Yamils
07-24-2007, 11:25 PM
The Mariners wore tonight (Tuesday) their BP tops against the Rangers.

MikeSimon
07-25-2007, 10:28 AM
07/24/07
Mariners vs Rangers

MikeSimon
07-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Actually, Seattle wore their road grays for the first game of the doubleheader and then wore their BP jerseys for the 2nd game!

tym
07-25-2007, 10:26 PM
I was reading the seattle times and in yesterdays Ms vs Rangers 2nd game of the double header the M's wore BP jerseys.
This is the 4th or so time over the last 6 years i have heard of this happening, so it happens.
Regards,
Ty

indyred
08-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Texas Rangers used BP jerseys in the game last night vs. Seattle.