PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth Signed Baseball -is It Real?

sammy
01-18-2006, 08:39 AM
The unequivocal answer is: NO!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BABE-RUTH-SIGNED-BASEBALL-IS-IT-REAL_W0QQitemZ8753265419QQcategoryZ27260QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

trsent
01-18-2006, 12:03 PM
The unequivocal answer is: NO!

Funny description, at least they pretty much tell you that you are bidding on an autographed baseball that is dated to the 30s, but that the auction house they took it to didn't like the autograph so here it is on eBay up for auction.

AND HIS SIGNATAURE I FOUND THIS SIGNATURE TO BE VERY CLOSE TO WHAT IS HIS. I PROSEEDED TO TAKE THE BALL TO A VERY WELL KNOW AUCTION HOUSE IN THE BOSTON, MA AREA ALTHOUGHT THERE FINDING HAD BEEN INCONCLUSIVE WE DETERMINED THAT THE BALL WAS IN FACT DATED TO THE 1930,S AND THOUGHT TO BE A PRACTICE BASEBALL.

Now, who is insane enough to bid on this from a seller with a feedback of one and an autograph that looks not genuine?

Yankwood
01-18-2006, 12:36 PM
The description alone should be auctioned off. This is comic writing at its best.

trsent
01-18-2006, 01:28 PM
I got it! Since they found it to be a "practice baseball", maybe it was practice for someone to learn how to write the phrase: "Babe Ruth" :rolleyes:

suave1477
01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
YOU KNOW I HAVE TO STICK MY 1 + 1 CENT IN ( IN CASE ANYONE DOESNT GET IT / THAT MEANS 2 ) this has to be the worse most god awful fake I have ever seen, can we break down all the wrong things with this picture. LETS SEE - 1) ball only goes back maybe 20 - 30 years WRONG 2) The coloring of the ball is not even aged coloring / more like drag it through mud coloring WRONG 3) autograph WROOOOOOOOOOOONG!!! all I have to stay to this ad is DEAR GOD!!!