PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick Indicted for .......

camarokids
07-17-2007, 06:39 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html

Innocent until Proven Guilty but .......any wagers if convicted he won't do ANY jail time....

He has way too much money .......

ham1963
07-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey Daivd,
I was listening to Rome's show today and this was the number one topic. There were a couple of callers that used the race card. But one thing this is a federal indictment and not a state indictment, and federal prosecutors have a 95% convection rate which is better than Vick's passing rating. If Vick and I say if is guilty then they should throw the book at him. I am curious how the NFL handles this since Vick is one of the NFL's poster boys.
John

Jags Fan Dan
07-18-2007, 01:57 PM
I have read a few articles today that make it seem like he will now be suspended, very soon, just based on the fact that he was indicted. I guess this seems logical, since Pac Man got a year off without even being arrested.

David
07-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Race card? Why, what were the races of the dogs electrocuted, hanged and beaten to death?

3arod13
07-18-2007, 03:50 PM
What a society we live in. GUILTY until proven INNOCENT. How quick people are to judge. Many are convicting Vick, talking about the NFL punishing him, taking away endorsements, etc.

Give me a break. I live in Virginia and I far from a Vick fan. However, we barely know any facts agains Vick, yet everyone is ready to find him guilty.

Personnally, I don't understand companies dropping players from endorsements when only accusations are made.

In the end, we should all wait for the outcome, especially when we don't have all the facts.

Thoughts?

cohibasmoker
07-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Every comment made so far on this subject is legitimate. I'd like to add that, the race card is played in every trial, every day in America. Most people get the color of the card wrong. It is not black, it is not white - it is green.

If you have the cash to afford a quality lawyer, you don't have to worry about anything.

Jim

ham1963
07-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Like they say when the Feds prosecute a person they usally have there ducks (or dogs) in a row look at thier convection rate. They usally do not hand out indictments like State and local D.A.'s do (Duke Larcoss team) unless they know they are going to win. Hey they got Capone and others when the states tried and could not. At 95% coviction rate I think I will put my money of the Feds on this one.
John

3arod13
07-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Every comment made so far on this subject is legitimate. I'd like to add that, the race card is played in every trial, every day in America. Most people get the color of the card wrong. It is not black, it is not white - it is green.

If you have the cash to afford a quality lawyer, you don't have to worry about anything.

Jim

Jim, awesome! Never heard that one before, but you are so right...well said!

Never understood why money should make a difference of the law. Doesn't say much for our legal system and society, does it?

mr.miracle
07-18-2007, 08:08 PM
There are a lot of facts that I am sure have not come out yet and ultimately, we need to allow the legal system to run its course. However, what I have heard on ESPN Radio, the Jim Rome show and others continues to mystify me. Callers one after another call in and defend Vick and try to justify this type of behavior. I am just assuming for a second that he had some level of involvement. At the very least, the fact that Vick owned the property that this activity was taking place on makes him responsible in part. The bottom line is that every single time an athlete is accused of something you have people crawling out of the woodwork defending these guys. It is almost to the point that we need to have 40 witnesses that are beyond reproach that see the person involved in the crime shooting a person with video to back it up with the criminals fingerprints all over the murder weapon, and still we try to excuse their behavior and say they did not do it.

I am not sure when people will get it that athletes are people just like the rest of us. Unfortunately, too many of them think that the money and power they have puts them above the law. Why anyone would possibly think that anybody would be beyond breaking the law especially when the athletes think they are above it is beyond me.

Too many times people try to play the race card in these instances as well. I don't know how many times I read the same tired old argument in our local newspapers fan line, supporting Barry Bonds on the basis that he never tested positive for anything. Sorry guys but when multi-million dollar contracts are involved and major sports records such as the most honored record in sports the home runs record are at stake; many people would sell out their own grandmother to break that record or get the next big contract.

How many instances over the past twenty plus years have taught us that athletes cheat, from corking bats, using doctored baseballs, to taking steroids, illegal drugs, HGH, doctoring up their engines in Nascar, to the most serious issues of rape, murder and the list goes on and on.

We must all wait for the wheels of justice to run their course in the Vick case. However, I for one am sick and tired of people defending all the athletes that have been proven guilty over the years even after they are definitivly proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. Why do we do that as a society? Do we have a higher hope that the people we idolize as sports heroes can do no wrong? Or, are the people that defend these athletes just that stupid that they refuse to look at facts and admit that their favorite athlete is just a bad, bad person?

ironmanfan
07-18-2007, 08:37 PM
What a society we live in. GUILTY until proven INNOCENT. How quick people are to judge

I find this statement a bit ironic from a guy who stopped collecting Juan Gonzalez cards & his memorabilia for his "steroid use."

Perhaps I missed the news one day but when was Gonzalez ever found guilty of steroids?

The same thought process that makes you know that Gonzalez is guilty of 'roid use is the same thought pattern that people (including the league, corporate sponsors, etc.) today think about Vick...

3arod13
07-19-2007, 03:20 AM
I find this statement a bit ironic from a guy who stopped collecting Juan Gonzalez cards & his memorabilia for his "steroid use."

Perhaps I missed the news one day but when was Gonzalez ever found guilty of steroids?

The same thought process that makes you know that Gonzalez is guilty of 'roid use is the same thought pattern that people (including the league, corporate sponsors, etc.) today think about Vick...

First, I know for a fact that Juan Gonzalez used steroids. Having been a hardcore Juan Gonzalez collector, I got to know many people close to Juan. So I do know for a fact he used steroids.

I made a personal choice not to collect his cards and memorabilia for his steriod use. That's my personal choice.

3arod13
07-19-2007, 03:37 AM

As stated, I knew/know many people very close to Juan Gonzalez and do know for a fact that he used steroids.

In addition, I didn't go out in the public bashing and accusing Juan Gonzalez of steriod when Jose Canseco mentioned him name. Actually, I continued to collect his stuff until I did find out "for a fact" that he used steroids. It was then I made the personal choice to no longer collect his stuff.

Hey, is that Mr. Hick?

Vintagedeputy
07-19-2007, 07:55 AM
3arod13 - I'm not disputing what you say about Gonzalez but if you got your information from people close to him, you really can't say that you know "for a fact" that he used them. Unless you saw him take them, everything you hear is just hearsay......sorry, that's the cop in me.

With that said, I dont know enough about him to say he did or didnt. I think Bonds and McGwire did though.

3arod13
07-19-2007, 09:11 AM
3arod13 - I'm not disputing what you say about Gonzalez but if you got your information from people close to him, you really can't say that you know "for a fact" that he used them. Unless you saw him take them, everything you hear is just hearsay......sorry, that's the cop in me.

With that said, I dont know enough about him to say he did or didnt. I think Bonds and McGwire did though.

This is ironic...you're a Cop...I'm a Legal Officer in the Navy.

Understand what you're saying. I followed Juan Gonzalez since he was with Gastonia. I saw him bulk up quickly. Back then, before all this steriod stuff surfaced, I thought then he did.

There was a piece ESPN did, when Canseco first brought all this out, and they show a video clip of when Jose Canseco first got to Texas. As he walked into the locker room, Juan walked over to him and squeezed his arms in amazement on how large they were.

When we follow one player, we do learn alot about them. I agree I never saw Juan use steroids, but there's no doubt in my mind he did.

With that said, thanks for your comments. Tony

both-teams-played-hard
07-19-2007, 03:05 PM
http://img101.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2007/07/19/rosethelongestyard-4778q3176.jpg

3arod13
07-19-2007, 03:48 PM
http://img101.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2007/07/19/rosethelongestyard-4778q3176.jpg

I guess you have nothing to say

kingjammy24
07-20-2007, 02:43 PM
tony,

did you sell your rangers gonzalez jersey?

i'd buy a 1992 or 1993 gonzalez gamer. got any?

rudy.

both-teams-played-hard
07-21-2007, 04:22 PM
I guess you have nothing to say

I think Vick is guilty. I don't think he will go to jail.
Rose has been to jail (federal, not state prison).
If being ignorant was a crime, Clinton Portis should be hand-cuffed.

both-teams-played-hard
07-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Something to add to the discussion:
http://cgi.ebay.com/70-Michael-Vick-2001-etopps_W0QQitemZ270146567138QQihZ017QQcategoryZ255 59QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ham1963
07-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Boy, anybody will put anything on E-Bay. You have to like the 2nd line
"VICK IS A VICTIM OF RACISM, WHITE PEOPLE HUNT ANIMALS." I wonder who is racist the dogs. This should be as intresting as OJ.
John

David
07-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Silly, shallow argument, as black people can and do legally hunt (as do Asians, American Indians and Hispanics) and white people can't hold dog fighting contests in Virginia.