PDA

View Full Version : Bats

yanks12025
01-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi
I Have A Bat. Cant Tell If Its Store Or Game Used Because I Cant See The Letters/numbers On The Knob But It Has All The Signs Of Being Game Used By Having Like The 125 And Stuff So Is There Another Way To Tell With Out The Numbers/letters On The Knob If Its Store Or Game Used.
Thanks

Birdbats
01-18-2006, 08:45 PM
If you can post a few photos (barrel, knob, label, end, etc.), you probably can get an answer from someone here on the forum.

To be a gamer, for starters, it needs the 125; it needs "Powerized," not "Flame Tempered"; if there's nothing on the knob, it needs a model number after "Genuine" above the player's signature.

My Web site has information that can help you -- go to http://www.birdbats.com and click "Identifying Gamers."

Jeff

porsche544
01-22-2006, 05:49 PM
HI Jeff (Birdbats),
I have a Gil McDougald LS 125 bat with POWERIZED STAMPED ON THE BARRELL ALONG WITH REG US. PAT OFF. BUT ON THE KNOB IT HAS THE NUMBER 35. IS THIS A STORE MODEL BAT? OR WOULD IT BE CONSIDERED HIS PERSONAL BAT BECAUSE IT HAS THE OTHER CHARACTERISTICS SUCH AS (POWERIZED, REG US PAT OFF, GENUINE, GIL MCDOUGALD'S SIGNATURE STAMPED)? NEED YOUR ADVICE.

THANKS
GERALD