PDA

View Full Version : Chipper Jones Game Used Glove?

mdube16
07-18-2007, 07:54 PM
I need a little help from the board.

I have found a guy who claims to have been given one of Chipper Jones' game gloves. His story is he was freinds with him and they were fooling around and he was booting balls left and right. Then next week Chipper sent him this glove with a note saying something like "here..try mine". Anyway he is selling it with a TON of other baseball equiptment used by his youth teams (the guy was a coach). It is obvious that he took the glove and used it...even writing his name and number on the glove as seen in one picture. Anyone know enough about Chippers gloves to say that this one came from him or not? Would lt be worth purchasing?

whatupyos
07-18-2007, 08:44 PM
I would stay away from it. I would think there is no way to tell is Chipper ever used it...it could have been issued to him but with his name and number on there...I would be suspect.

Aaron

mdube16
07-18-2007, 09:00 PM
it is worth noting he is not asking for game used money for this item...he is selling it as a glove to play with.

ham1963
07-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I saw an interview that TBS did with Chipper this season and he stated in the interview that he has all of his professional game used gloves and he has never sold or given an glove away. I would move with caution on this one.
John :D

skipcareyisfat
07-19-2007, 07:46 AM
I saw an interview that TBS did with Chipper this season and he stated in the interview that he has all of his professional game used gloves and he has never sold or given an glove away. I would move with caution on this one.
John :D

John's correct. I saw the same interview. Jones still has all of his gloves according to him. They actually showed the box he keeps them in above his locker.

mdube16
07-19-2007, 06:36 PM
That means even for the $100 asking price I wont be buying.

Thanks guys.