PDA

View Full Version : Lajoie bat on E-bay

sicollector1954@insightbb.com
07-19-2007, 09:33 AM
I would be interested in hearing everyones comments on the current Napol"e"on Lajoie bat which is on E-bay. The seller has no feedback which I will give him the benefit of the doubt but somehow I don't think I want a bat with the players name spelled wrong. Thanks for anyone elses thoughts on this bat.

jboosted92
07-19-2007, 09:49 AM
I cant speak for Store Models, but thats definitely not a Pro-model Centerbrand. And if it is...ill stop collecting.

Could be a re-make they did for a short time in the 50s or something..

IMO..looks funky, or home-made

yanks12025
07-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Something dont look right with it. The color dont even look to be over 90 years old or anything. Any of you guys see the Frankie Frisch bat on ebay the other day.

bat_master
07-19-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm pretty sure the Lajoie bat is a remake. I don't know of any H&B bats EVER using just the word "TRADEMARK" below the centerbrand.

The finish and the stampings just don't look correct.

Saw the Frisch bat. I wonder how many people were chasing it...and who ended up with it?

yanks12025
07-19-2007, 12:06 PM
I sent the guy a message about the Frisch bat and seen if he had a buy it now. And the sent me a message back saying he got a $1,500. Which i dont have the money to bid against. But i think it was mostly game used.