Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nathan
    • Nov 2005

Lampson to be at the National?

I checked the updated listing of dealers and businesses who will be at the National in Cleveland next month, and on line #196 is the following.

"Louis Lampson -- American Memorablilia/Lou Lampson -- Las Vegas, NV -- booths 413P, 512P, 508P"

Just figured I'd give everyone the heads up on that.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs
  • kylehess10
    • Feb 2006

Re: Lampson to be at the National?

Let's get 'em
    kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
    http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• skipcareyisfat
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by kylehess10
      Let's get 'em
      Man, that's funny. I can see Hess throwing a sack over Lampson's head, then dragging him out by his feet and tossing him into an unmarked van bound for GUU's interrogation room.
      "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Comment

• Eric
        • Jan 1970

Originally posted by skipcareyisfat
        Man, that's funny. I can see Hess throwing a sack over Lampson's head, then dragging him out by his feet and tossing him into an unmarked van bound for GUU's interrogation room.
        I know you guys are joking, but seriously if anyone is going to the National, you should take the chance to meet Mr. Lampson and ask him questions in a professional, non-confrontational manner.

Take advantage of the opportunity. I have emailed Lou in the past many times (and never gotten a response) but have never met him in person.

Unfortunately I will be out of the country during the National so I won't be there.

So- who's going? And who's going to make the effort to meet Lou?
        Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• kylehess10
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Eric
          I know you guys are joking, but seriously if anyone is going to the National, you should take the chance to meet Mr. Lampson and ask him questions in a professional, non-confrontational manner.

Take advantage of the opportunity. I have emailed Lou in the past many times (and never gotten a response) but have never met him in person.

Unfortunately I will be out of the country during the National so I won't be there.

So- who's going? And who's going to make the effort to meet Lou?

Someone should make a binder filled with page after page of auctions that had his LOA included which were questioned and/or obviously fake pieces of memorabilia then ask for a reasonable explanation of all his mistakes for everything.
          kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
          http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• Marlins2003
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by kylehess10
            Someone should make a binder filled with page after page of auctions that had his LOA included which were questioned and/or obviously fake pieces of memorabilia then ask for a reasonable explanation of all his mistakes for everything.

Now that would be worth the trip just to watch

Comment

• ripkengamers
              • Nov 2005

I would pay top $$ to stand next to Howard Wolf as he interrogates Mr. Lampson!

"Shows solid identifier puckering" --Lou Lampson

Then after Howard softens him up I'll whip out my Green Ripken jersey while hundreds of witnesses watch him squirm and stutter trying to explain it !!
              :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)

Comment

• otismalibu
                • Nov 2005

Please snap a few pics so BTPH has an alternative head shot for his PS fun.
                Greg
                DrJStuff.com

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                  Paid Users
                  • Jan 1970

Originally posted by Eric
                  Eric,

Sometimes I think we are fraternal twins. I was going to say exactly the same thing.

I trust if anyone does meet Lou at the National it would be in a non-confrontational manner with the intent to benefit the hobby.

Sincerely,
                  Chris
                  Christopher Cavalier
                  Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• Eric
                    • Jan 1970

Originally posted by ripkengamers
                    I would pay top $$ to stand next to Howard Wolf as he interrogates Mr. Lampson!

"Shows solid identifier puckering" --Lou Lampson

Then after Howard softens him up I'll whip out my Green Ripken jersey while hundreds of witnesses watch him squirm and stutter trying to explain it !!
                    Great idea. Bring the green ripken jersey and ask him in person how he came up with his findings

Comment

• cjmedina1
                      • Oct 2005

"Louis Lampson -- American Memorablilia/Lou Lampson -- Las Vegas, NV -- booths 413P, 512P, 508P"

If there is 3 booths,He might be hard to find esp if he is pulling a Ken Griffey Jr Changing between booths

Carlie Medina III

carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by otismalibu
                        Please snap a few pics so BTPH has an alternative head shot for his PS fun.
                        Yes, that would be nice. It would fill up some of my free time.
                        However, I happen to agree with Eric and Chris. I recommend a non-confrontational approach. You can catch more flies with honey, rather than vinegar. Approach with care, as if you are hunting an endangered, exotic creature of the Lost Continent. Be nice and gentle and you just might uncover some "scoop" for this forum.

GOOD LUCK!

Comment

• Eric
                          • Jan 1970

All joking aside, I think it's important for people to take advantage of this chance to talk to Lampson.

It's one thing for us to talk about him on this forum and speculate about certain things because we cannot track him down, it's another to walk up when we have the chance.

What do people think?

Comment

• otismalibu
                            • Nov 2005

If anyone has access to a tranq gun and some electronic ear tags, it will make finding him in the future much easier.

Greg
                            DrJStuff.com

Comment

• Eric
                              • Jan 1970

I think people have to take this as an opportunity to have access to Mr. Lampson. Who's going to the national, and who's going to meet Lampson?

It's one thing for people here to have the legitimate complaint of lack of access to Lou, but now that there's an opportunity, people should take advantage.

If not, I think things won't get fixed. The conversations on the forum will not have any resolution.

Instead of people joking about what they'd like to do to Lou, perhaps they should be talking about what they'll be talking to him about.
                              Eric

Comment

Working...