PDA

View Full Version : Lampson to be at the National?

Nathan
07-19-2007, 03:54 PM
I checked the updated listing of dealers and businesses who will be at the National in Cleveland next month, and on line #196 is the following.

"Louis Lampson -- American Memorablilia/Lou Lampson -- Las Vegas, NV -- booths 413P, 512P, 508P"

Just figured I'd give everyone the heads up on that.

kylehess10
07-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Let's get 'em :D

skipcareyisfat
07-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Let's get 'em :D

Man, that's funny. I can see Hess throwing a sack over Lampson's head, then dragging him out by his feet and tossing him into an unmarked van bound for GUU's interrogation room. :D :D

Eric
07-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Man, that's funny. I can see Hess throwing a sack over Lampson's head, then dragging him out by his feet and tossing him into an unmarked van bound for GUU's interrogation room. :D :D

I know you guys are joking, but seriously if anyone is going to the National, you should take the chance to meet Mr. Lampson and ask him questions in a professional, non-confrontational manner.

Take advantage of the opportunity. I have emailed Lou in the past many times (and never gotten a response) but have never met him in person.

Unfortunately I will be out of the country during the National so I won't be there.

So- who's going? And who's going to make the effort to meet Lou?

kylehess10
07-19-2007, 05:29 PM
I know you guys are joking, but seriously if anyone is going to the National, you should take the chance to meet Mr. Lampson and ask him questions in a professional, non-confrontational manner.

Take advantage of the opportunity. I have emailed Lou in the past many times (and never gotten a response) but have never met him in person.

Unfortunately I will be out of the country during the National so I won't be there.

So- who's going? And who's going to make the effort to meet Lou?

Someone should make a binder filled with page after page of auctions that had his LOA included which were questioned and/or obviously fake pieces of memorabilia then ask for a reasonable explanation of all his mistakes for everything.

Marlins2003
07-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Someone should make a binder filled with page after page of auctions that had his LOA included which were questioned and/or obviously fake pieces of memorabilia then ask for a reasonable explanation of all his mistakes for everything.

Now that would be worth the trip just to watch :D

ripkengamers
07-19-2007, 05:36 PM
I would pay top $$ to stand next to Howard Wolf as he interrogates Mr. Lampson!

:eek: :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" --Lou Lampson :eek: :eek:

Then after Howard softens him up I'll whip out my Green Ripken jersey while hundreds of witnesses watch him squirm and stutter trying to explain it !!

otismalibu
07-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Please snap a few pics so BTPH has an alternative head shot for his PS fun.

ChrisCavalier
07-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Eric,

Sometimes I think we are fraternal twins. I was going to say exactly the same thing.

I trust if anyone does meet Lou at the National it would be in a non-confrontational manner with the intent to benefit the hobby.

Sincerely,
Chris

Eric
07-19-2007, 06:04 PM
I would pay top $$ to stand next to Howard Wolf as he interrogates Mr. Lampson!

:eek: :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" --Lou Lampson :eek: :eek:

Then after Howard softens him up I'll whip out my Green Ripken jersey while hundreds of witnesses watch him squirm and stutter trying to explain it !!

Great idea. Bring the green ripken jersey and ask him in person how he came up with his findings

cjmedina1
07-19-2007, 06:10 PM
"Louis Lampson -- American Memorablilia/Lou Lampson -- Las Vegas, NV -- booths 413P, 512P, 508P"

If there is 3 booths,He might be hard to find esp if he is pulling a Ken Griffey Jr Changing between booths

Carlie Medina III

carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

both-teams-played-hard
07-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Please snap a few pics so BTPH has an alternative head shot for his PS fun.
Yes, that would be nice. It would fill up some of my free time.
However, I happen to agree with Eric and Chris. I recommend a non-confrontational approach. You can catch more flies with honey, rather than vinegar. Approach with care, as if you are hunting an endangered, exotic creature of the Lost Continent. Be nice and gentle and you just might uncover some "scoop" for this forum.

GOOD LUCK!

Eric
07-19-2007, 08:35 PM
All joking aside, I think it's important for people to take advantage of this chance to talk to Lampson.

It's one thing for us to talk about him on this forum and speculate about certain things because we cannot track him down, it's another to walk up when we have the chance.

What do people think?

otismalibu
07-19-2007, 08:42 PM
If anyone has access to a tranq gun and some electronic ear tags, it will make finding him in the future much easier.

http://pharaohshorses.com/Article/ear.jpg

Eric
07-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I think people have to take this as an opportunity to have access to Mr. Lampson. Who's going to the national, and who's going to meet Lampson?

It's one thing for people here to have the legitimate complaint of lack of access to Lou, but now that there's an opportunity, people should take advantage.

If not, I think things won't get fixed. The conversations on the forum will not have any resolution.

Instead of people joking about what they'd like to do to Lou, perhaps they should be talking about what they'll be talking to him about.
Eric

kingjammy24
07-20-2007, 04:58 PM
call me a pessimist (or a realist) but i don't see how it isn't all a foregone conclusion. lou's been confronted in the past and every single time he's employed the same old m.o.:

someone: lou, explain this insane authentication
lou: i have photos to back it up
someone: show me
lou: ok, i'll send them as soon as i get back home.

*sound of crickets chirping*

we've seen this occur repeatedly so why would it be any different this time around? lou's standard m.o. works very well for him as it allows him to get past the initial confrontation with a solid answer ("i have photo proof") and buys him the time and excuse to extricate himself from the situation. after all, he certainly doesn't travel with his 85,000 photo library so he'll have to "get those to you once he gets back". once he's extricated himself, it's mission accomplished. and no, the photos never arrive.

forgive me if this feels like we're anxious to meet bush and see what he says about why he went to iraq. we all know the canned response. surely there isn't the genuine expectation that, after all these years of deliberately ignoring emails and ducking every issue, lou's suddenly going to reverse course and sit down and discuss exactly how and why he's made so many insane errors? if he were open to discussing these things, he would've done so by now.

i don't believe that what's gone on on this forum has been speculation. lou's errors have been so egregious that there's practically no room for subjectivity. what is it that people have speculated on?

here, lou completely invents facts:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=8496

here, he just doesn't even bother trying:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=8085 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=8085)

here, he actually says that yount went onto the field, as a coach, in 1998 wearing a style the brewers last wore in 1993:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=8097 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=8097)

the list goes on and on. when the negligence is so gross, prolific, and constant, there's no need to speculate. is it simply a coincidence that lampson is the only major industry figure who cannot be contacted? when a person hides, it's by design. the pieces in this puzzle fit together too perfectly to think that there's any other explanation other than the obvious one.

personally, i feel the real opportunity to knowing that little louis charles lampson will be at the national is in being able to serve him a summons.

however, if any of you manage to catch the little hobbit, then let me know if you get any response other than "i'll have to check my records/photos and get back to you". if you want to cut him off at the pass, print out a 2005 yankees roster and ask him why he said cano was the only one to wear #14 when in fact 2 others wore it that year. ask him if it had anything to do with the fact that a cano rookie jersey would fetch way more than a russ johnson. at least he can't claim that he'd need to check his photo library for that one.
at a minimum, be sure to get a picture so warren can fill up his free time.

rudy.

Eric
07-20-2007, 05:11 PM
call me a pessimist (or a realist) but i don't see how it isn't all a foregone conclusion. lou's been confronted in the past and every single time he's employed the same old m.o.:

someone: lou, explain this insane authentication
lou: i have photos to back it up
someone: show me
lou: ok, i'll send them as soon as i get back home.
rudy.

Rudy

If I'm stuck with a (multi) thousand dollar Ripken St. Patrick's Day jersey with Lou's letter, I'd bring it with me to ask how he came to his conclusion.

If he said he'd show me pics as soon as he got home, I'd make sure I didn't leave until I had a telephone number. I would also let him know that if he didn't take my calls, I would have no problem taking things to the next level.

It's very easy to talk about things here, but now people have a chance to do something about it. Don't accept being blown off and see if Mr. Lampson will do the honorable thing and answer some questions.

You're right, the discussions here have been based in fact. The only missing piece was being able to confront (maybe that's too harsh a word) Mr. Lampson with those facts.

Bring your questions, see what happens and if Lampson ducks you then write about it here, to Michael O'Keeffe, to the Better Business Bureau and to the local authorities. But do something.

And if someone brings a video camera to document the conversation- more power to them. Maybe we'll post it here. Just be professional.

Eric

kingjammy24
07-20-2007, 05:43 PM
eric,

kudos to you for your resolve.

"I'd make sure I didn't leave until I had a telephone number"

that could get very interesting.

"I would have no problem taking things to the next level"

something tells me the entire reason lampson's so hard to find is because he's used to people taking things to next level.

"And if someone brings a video camera to document the conversation"

we could take a cue from dateline; "to catch an authenticator". i'll play the role of an auction house owner whose only concern is profit (as hard as it might be to imagine. i may also need to borrow a leopard-print shirt for my costume). i've got 2000 jerseys and i need to get through them in 3 days. we'll see who shows up. eric, you'd make an excellent chris hansen.

seriously though, i'm all for walking the walk and admire your tenacity.
as they say in texas, hook 'em! (professionally though).

rudy.

otismalibu
07-21-2007, 09:03 AM
At this point, what else is there to do but joke about it.

Does anyone really think they can walk up to Lou, point out an obvious mistake and get a satisfactory response?

What's he going to say? "Geez, I didn't realize I'd made so many mistakes. Let me make everything right."

At least some of the other crooks in the hobby will make an appearance here and try to defend themselves until it becomes painfully apparent that they don't have a leg to stand on.

It would make more sense to go the The National wearing a t-shirt that says "Read About Lou Lampson At GameUsedForum.com". I hate to point out that the emperor is buck, but most of these mistakes are NOT honest mistakes. And I'm not just talking about Lou. If you have replica, try to pass it off as a game issue. If you have a game issue, make it into a gamer. Then maybe say it was the gamer that was worn during a milestone game. We see it every day.

Eric
07-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Greg-

All valid points.

I just feel that we need to continue to act responsibly and give the man a chance to answer face to face. If he gives an excuse or runs away then that's his decision and he is responsible for his actions. But let's take this as an invitation to talk to Lou Lampson.

mvandor
07-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Eric,

Sometimes I think we are fraternal twins. I was going to say exactly the same thing.

I trust if anyone does meet Lou at the National it would be in a non-confrontational manner with the intent to benefit the hobby.

Sincerely,
Chris
And let's lunch with Bin Laden while we're at it! :)

both-teams-played-hard
07-21-2007, 02:55 PM
we could take a cue from dateline; "to catch an authenticator"

If this was a show, I can hear Lou saying: "I wasn't going to authenticate her jersey. I just came over to make sure she was O.K."

"Frozen lemonade? Yes, please."

Eric
07-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Is anyone from the forum going to the national?

Dan- is the green ripken jersey making the trip to cleveland to get some in person answers?

lund6771
07-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I'll be there for 1 day!!!

Pete

rose14
07-24-2007, 01:00 PM
I'll be there for three days and if I do see him I will ask him about a certain jersey that was in a major auction recently and he still decided to ok it even after the player that wore the jersey said it was not real.

both-teams-played-hard
08-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I'll be there for three days and if I do see him I will ask him about a certain jersey that was in a major auction recently and he still decided to ok it even after the player that wore the jersey said it was not real.
Rose
Did you speak to Lampson about the Louisville jersey?