PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Bat I need an opinion

suave1477
01-19-2006, 01:01 AM
HELLO EVERYONE YES ITS YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD STRAWBERRY MAN AGAIN / I found a strawberry bat on ebay the item is listed as game used. Can anyone help me with what to look for on this bat that would lead me to beleive it really is a game used and not a store model that was smacked around a couple of times? EBAY item # 8753165634

Yankwood
01-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Take a look at this one. 8753643344. Same model number Louisvilles. Strawberry mostly used natural unfinished Rawlings/Adirondack throughout his Mets days but used the LVS some with the Dodgers. He mostly used a Rawlings with the Yankees but started using a black Mizuno and used those in the World Series in '96. Sometimes as bat collectors we are forced to use gut feelings as to whether or not they were really used by the player whose name is on the bat. Granted, there are certain characteristics that show up consistently for certain player bats, however alot of them just look plain old "used". People who know alot more than I do scratch their heads when looking at an item that they've never actually seen being used by a player. The one you asked about as well as the one that I listed above both look to be light moderately used bats with models that I have seen Straw use. My suggestion is that you bid to what you feel comfortable bidding and know that his bats don't really go that high anymore anyway. Jim Caravello posts on here quite often and maybe he can give his thoughts.

Kid4hof03
01-19-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm also a Strawberry collector. That bat is dead on, in fact, I'm the current high bidder. Straw used L/S almost exclusively during his time with the Dodgers. While with the Giants and during his 1995 and part most of 1996 with the Yankees he used natural Mizuno's most of the time. He did sprinkle in some black ones but they are tougher to find. In part of 96, but then in 97-99 Straw mostly went back to Rawlings, just like in his Mets days. You can find L/S that Straw used in his early Mets days, they can be tough to come by.

Right now there are 2 Dodgers L/S bats on ebay, they are both perfect in my opinion. I have a list of all the models that Straw used in his career, if you'd like a copy feel free to e-mail me at Kulynychfamily@verizon.net and I'll send you a copy, it might be helpful.

Take Care,
Abe Kulynych

trsent
01-19-2006, 11:23 AM
HELLO EVERYONE YES ITS YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD STRAWBERRY MAN AGAIN

Does every neighborhood have a "Strawberry Man"?

I wonder which one of my neighbors is mine.

Yankwood
01-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Does every neighborhood have a "Strawberry Man"?

I wonder which one of my neighbors is mine.I don't know, but if you find him, save yourself the embarrassment and please don't download the pictures.:eek: :D

suave1477
01-19-2006, 08:24 PM
I would like to take the time out to thank everyone who helped me on this THANK YOU and to TRSENT for putting his 2 cents in. I had a feeling by making that comment it wasnt going to get passed him. lol lol