PDA

View Full Version : i don't get it!

zonker
07-20-2007, 06:38 PM
has anybody dealt with vintage authentics auctions? i need a few questions answered about extended bidding. if you can help. email me at mcfresonke@hotmail.com i'm confused and po'd! any help would ba greatly appreciated thank's

aeneas01
07-20-2007, 07:03 PM
if their policy is like a few other auction houses, the auction time will be extended if more than one person has bid on an item within a certain time frame - and will be extended even more if bids continue within 5 minutes of each other.

imo opinion this policy stinks but seems to be the norm at quite a few places...

jayt1234
07-20-2007, 07:16 PM
I had this happen to me with Heritage Auction in May...I was bidding on Dallas Cowboys helmet and the auction was to end at 11:00 PM est...well no one had beat my high bid, but because one person placeed an additional bid (never more than my current) the auction kept extending another 1/2 hour...Now I was on vacation at the time and this kept happening until 1:30 in the moring when I finaly gave up..I woke up the next morning with the winning bid ( the other bidder missed my maximum by $10) but it left me with a bitter taste in my mouth...If it ended at 11:00 and my bid was the highest end of story...If I got outbid to my maximum, I would appreciate the ability to keep bidding, but this never happened...Whoever continued to bid never out bid me...Jay

zonker
07-20-2007, 07:16 PM
reason i was asking auction closed at 9 pm watch to make sure no other bids went up within 10 min. of close and nothing for over an hour thought i would wake up to an invoice instaed i was outbid 3 and a half hour's later on the item and lost it does this sound right?

jayt1234
07-21-2007, 02:05 PM
If you were bidding on Ebay sometimes they will close the auction (you as the higest bidder) and then open it to live floor bidding for another few hours..There are specific rules to this type of bidding, but you have to read the rules real close...If it was'nt Ebay it could have been that internet bidding ended then went to live floor bidding...Is it fair? I guess for the auction house it is, but it can be misleading for legimit bidders who think they have won a specific item.

Jay

zonker
07-21-2007, 02:11 PM
it was the va auction that closed 10 est. thursday night. it states that after 10 the auction only stays open until a bid hasn't been placed for 10 min. on any item.