Need help from knowledge Pittsburgh Pirates Fans/Collectors - Say No To Drugs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Need help from knowledge Pittsburgh Pirates Fans/Collectors - Say No To Drugs?

Does anyone know if this is true: Say no to drugs" In the late 1980's, around 1987, some Pittsburgh Pirates players wore wristbands that had "Say no to drugs" sewed on."

If this is true, does anyone know where I have find information about this?

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • b.heagy
    • May 2006

Re: Need help from knowledge Pittsburgh Pirates Fans/Collectors - Say No To Drugs?

This may help a little bit. http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=25746

Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Comment

• b.heagy
      • May 2006

Re: Need help from knowledge Pittsburgh Pirates Fans/Collectors - Say No To Drugs?

Tony Gwynn wearing one in 1987.

Attached Files
      Bill Heagy
      heagysports.com
      Go Phillies !

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by b.heagy
        You guys are awesome!! I love this forum!!

I truly appreciate your help.

Check this out! Signed by Barry in 1987.

Regards, Tony
        Attached Files
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Carlevv
          • May 2007

Tony, a guy named Tony Mims makes those wristbands. What he does is he asks a player to autograph a sheet of paper. He then gets a head shot of the player and creates his signature with thread. He sends the player the patches and the player has the equipement guy sew them on to wristbands. I think they are pretty cool. To my knowledge Sheffield and AROD were the last ones to use them in 2003. Havent seen any since.

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

Tony,

I have a Darryl Strawberry game used wrist band that has the "Say No To Drugs" and his image on it too.

-David
            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• 3arod13
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by metsbats
              Tony,

I have a Darryl Strawberry game used wrist band that has the "Say No To Drugs" and his image on it too.

-David
              Nice. I wish I could find a bonds wristband, like the one in this thread, to go along with my card. Would be a pretty nice pair together.
              Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

Working...