PDA

View Full Version : best house auction to cosign with ????

mchmaj
07-25-2007, 01:48 PM
if the darrell green jersey didnt sell on ebay , which house auction i should send it to ???
let me know any help

richpick
07-26-2007, 07:14 PM
I have had great results from Mastro who have represented the jerseys (pictures in catalogs) and their 15% commission is not that bad.

harpt
07-26-2007, 08:26 PM
How about Game Used universe? I hear those guys have an auction coming up.

richpick
07-26-2007, 09:33 PM
I agree send the jersey into the GUU auction at least with GUU you know that everything being sold has had some of the best eyes in the businesses looking it over.

mchmaj
07-26-2007, 10:50 PM
thats true, i do agree with u guys about the GUU auctions but i do notice the $$ didnt go that much ?? the baseball jerseys and others went well but football jerseys didnt .....
thanks

ChrisCavalier
07-27-2007, 02:37 AM
Hello Marcus,

I think you certainly have a number of options regarding where you can send your item for auction. However, I did want to clarify a point you made in a previous post. That is, the GUU forum auction we ran a number of months ago was, as we stated at the time, more of a 'pilot' to gauge the potential interest of collectors for auctions on this site as well as to test a concept we will be rolling out in full in our next auction. Notably, the pilot we ran back in March was not advertised at all and did not have the custom software in place that we are now completing for our upcoming auctions.

To make an appropriate evaluation at this point, please note that our upcoming auction will be nationally advertised (in fact that process has already begun), will consist of a great deal more items that will be of significant interest to collectors, will have a catalog for potential bidders, and will be executed with user-friendly custom automated software that will help us role out our 'next generation' auction model. In fact, there is a full page article in the current issue of SCD (the one that will also be distributed at the National Convention) that provides information regarding why we believe our auctions will attract knowledgeable collectors looking for legitimate merchandise.

I do have a pdf version of the article right now that I am posting here. Unfortunately, I am not able to get it to show up as anything but a link at the moment. I will try to get a different version of the article tomorrow that will hopefully show up directly (rather than as a link) and I will post it here if I am successful. I just wanted to make sure you had all the information you needed to make a full evaluation:

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

mchmaj
07-27-2007, 01:12 PM
chris,
thanks for the attachment file, i think you have made my mind :)
it is very clear than any other house auctions that i know of !!!
this is the future of the HONEST 100% auction that i will cosign with .....
if darrell green jersey didnt sell, then i will send it to the GUU auction :)
my question is, when i send the jersey to you to check it out and all, u will give COA for the jersey and then list it on the auction ???
now for the buyer fee and cosignment fee, where will they go ???
let me know thanks :)
marcus