Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guDon
    • May 2007

1974 Hank Aaron Game Used bat on eBay - HSI & Steiner

Check out this game used Hank Aaron bat on eBay. It has a Houston Sports Investments LOA (I think Chris Boyd is a member here) and also a Steiner COA for the autograph. What do you guys think this bat is worth? Will it get a bid?

• eGameUsed
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: 1974 Hank Aaron Game Used bat on eBay - HSI & Steiner

I knew I would be a CEO one day! Crazy how it only takes one listing to become a COA. I did sell this bat on eBay about a year ago. The buyer did get it signed through Steiner. Looks even better now. Cool bat with a neat story! I hated to part with it, but I had picked up an earlier H&B Aaron and didn't need both.

Thanks,

Comment

• guDon
      • May 2007

Originally posted by eGameUsed
      I knew I would be a CEO one day! Crazy how it only takes one listing to become a COA. I did sell this bat on eBay about a year ago. The buyer did get it signed through Steiner. Looks even better now. Cool bat with a neat story! I hated to part with it, but I had picked up an earlier H&B Aaron and didn't need both.

Thanks,
      Chris, would you say that $5044 + shipping is a fair price?

Comment

• eGameUsed
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

That is tough! I sold the bat for $4,275.63 plus $25 shipping. The autograph was probably $200 to $300. I would say $5000 or so is good!

Thanks,

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
          • Oct 2005

As someone who will never have enough money to own an Aaron bat, how do you not need both? That one is a beauty! I'd love to see your other one!

Jim

Comment

• JimCaravello
            • Jan 1970

Aaron bats to me are the most undervalued bats in the hobby relative to the magnitude of his career and records. I used to say that about Killebrew bats, but over the last couple of years, his bats have increased in price quite a bit in the hobby.

Another undervalued bat is Robby - Frank Robinson - his career stats are amazing - MVP in both leagues, etc. I think both these guys will see an increase in value in their GU equipment in the next few years...........jim

Comment

• 33bird
              Banned
              • Nov 2005

I agree with Jim. The bat didn't sell-I would love to have it if I had the money. Zane had one from the 73-75 period and it never gets a bid at 2500.00. B&E has a great Adirondack 69-71 for under 5,000. Nobodys bought it. He was one of the all-time greats, but collectors just seem to overlook him. I've been looking at the 76 Aaron jersey on Rob's site for a long time. Nobody bought it at 5000.00 and now it's in the 3000.00s and nobody has bought it. Don't get it at all.
              Greg

Comment

• sammy
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

Greg,

I've been looking at the 76 Aaron jersey on Rob's site for a long time

Do you have a link for the Aaron jersey?

Thank you.

Comment

• 33bird
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

I just looked and didn't see it anymore. It's Rob Steinmetz at www.authenticgamers.com
                  Maybe email and see what happened to it.
                  Greg

Comment

Working...