PDA

View Full Version : Ken Griffey Jr. need help with a glove

Haylo
01-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Tring to get some info on how to tell if a Griffey Jr. Glove is real? Can some one help me. The glove is a Rawlings Left-Handed Pro-TB24 Heart of the Hide. The thumb has "Ken Griffey Jr" on it. I heard there ia a way to tell by the dots after name. I will try and put a picture later tonight.

Any help will be helpful

Aaron

porsche544
01-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Hi Aaron,
I hope this helps. I had a Schilling game used glove awhile back and I went to the Wilson website and emailed their techs. And basically, I emailed a photo of the glove to Wilson and through their records they were able to tell me when the glove was produced and the glove was made specifically for the player.

Porsche

sburlison
01-20-2006, 07:29 PM
I own a Griffey game used glove and may be able to help. I also have an SCD article (Oct. 23, 1998) on Griffey game used gloves. The article, written by Tim Lee, states "Collectors should be extra careful if they are offered a purported game-used Griffey Jr. glove with his name stitched on it, signed or not. (Upper Deck sold a signed Griffey game model glove) It is very easy for someone to remove the Upper Deck hologram and the signature and put use on the glove." Griffey's 1997 gamer had three dots on the outside back of the pinkie area under "GOLD GLOVE SERIES". The Upper Deck version is exactly like Griffey's, so it will be tough to differentiate their version from his glove that year. Griffey's 1998 glove should have four dots, while the Upper Deck will continue to have three. Tim also states that Griffey's pre-1997 gloves will have a darker brown lining. Since Griffey wore a batting glove while wearing his field glove you will usually find wear on the glove surface where the index finger comes out of the glove. Contact me with your address and I can mail a copy of the article to you.

jsage
11-19-2011, 02:29 AM
I own a Griffey game used glove and may be able to help. I also have an SCD article (Oct. 23, 1998) on Griffey game used gloves. The article, written by Tim Lee, states "Collectors should be extra careful if they are offered a purported game-used Griffey Jr. glove with his name stitched on it, signed or not. (Upper Deck sold a signed Griffey game model glove) It is very easy for someone to remove the Upper Deck hologram and the signature and put use on the glove." Griffey's 1997 gamer had three dots on the outside back of the pinkie area under "GOLD GLOVE SERIES". The Upper Deck version is exactly like Griffey's, so it will be tough to differentiate their version from his glove that year. Griffey's 1998 glove should have four dots, while the Upper Deck will continue to have three. Tim also states that Griffey's pre-1997 gloves will have a darker brown lining. Since Griffey wore a batting glove while wearing his field glove you will usually find wear on the glove surface where the index finger comes out of the glove. Contact me with your address and I can mail a copy of the article to you.

If you have the opportunity, I would appreciate a copy of the Griffey glove article.
Thank you,
Jerry jssage24@yahoo.com

frikativ54
11-19-2011, 07:58 AM
If you have the opportunity, I would appreciate a copy of the Griffey glove article.
Thank you,
Jerry jssage24@yahoo.com

I would too. :)

Thanks for the offer.