PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a Lopes Homerun Ball from 1975

richpick
07-31-2007, 12:01 AM
I am thinking of buying this homerun ball but do not have a clue if this is a fair price. It is very difficult to set prices on this stuff but I am sure someone in the GUU could let me know. The ball is a homerun ball of the Dodgers Davey Lopes from May 30, 1975 career homerun #19. The ball is a ONL baseball Feeney president. The price is $275. Thoughts?

Vintagedeputy
07-31-2007, 12:14 AM
On the plus side, Lopes' home run that day was a solo HR off of Ray Burris that helped the Dodgers win 3-1 over the Cubs. It was correctly identified as career HR #19 for Lopes.

unfortunately, thats about it for the plus side.

Lopes hit 155 HR's over 16 seasons, not spectacular by any stretch of the imagination. It wasnt a momentous HR like in a consecutive HR streak and didnt break any records. The autograph is weak at best.

Although the documentation on the ball is nice, there are tons of home balls flaoting around out there. If you are a HUGE Lopes fan, you'll have to make the call. My advice is that $275 is about $250 too much. Save your money.

richpick
07-31-2007, 12:25 AM
Thank you vintagedeputy I was thinking along the same lines but did not know how rare something like this is. You see monentus homerun balls come up at auction all the time but did not know about lesser important ball. Thanks I will keep the $275 in my pocket.