PDA

View Full Version : Lampson At The National

hblakewolf
08-02-2007, 03:55 PM
A freind just called me from the National-

Indeed, Lampson has a table at the American Memorabila booth. From what my friend he saw, there were quite a few people standing in line in order to speak with him. He said a few people had Lampson LOA's with a jersey and were asking specific questions relating to tagging, etc.

I'm sure those who attend and have a chance to speak with Lou will add to this post.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

kingjammy24
08-02-2007, 04:05 PM
i'm a complete loss to understand why lampson chose to show up. he spends the entire year doing his best to dodge questions and then shows up with a table at the biggest sports collectors show of the year? que?

rudy.

XPFO
08-02-2007, 04:20 PM
That man is going to have a VERY LONG weekend!!!!

jonincleve
08-02-2007, 05:13 PM
i saw him, i really saw him. i was looking at a harvey haddix jersey at their booth when nathan says there's the legend. i looked around the jersey and there he was. kinda like seeing bigfoot. you hear it exists but you have to see for yourself. sorry i did not have my camera to document. i was going to show him the buddy bell jersey i was wearing with appropriate fan national usage :) the funny part was an hour before i was talking to a dealer at a booth and his name came up. the dealer said he had tried to contact lampson in the past but could not. i will try to get a photo friday.

take care
john

33bird
08-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Great post jon-very funny. I can't believe he showed up either; in fact, I was really starting to believe he didn't really exist. Call me doubting Greg but I need to feel his hands and feet or at least see a photo before I believe.
GW

Nathan
08-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Yes, I will confirm for a fact that Lou Lampson was there. This only does the job of shutting me up on the notion that he doesn't exist.

What John didn't elaborate on was the fact that, after we both saw him, we took off for the GUU booth and arrived at exactly the same time. If you've never seen two grown men hauling tail across a busy convention to excitedly stammer "Hey! Hey guys! Guess who's here!", then you missed some fun.

I actually did get the chance to talk to the guy though; he stepped outside the AMI booth where he was and therefore was fair game. Here's how it went:

ME: Hi Lou, how ya doin'?
LL: Fine. What's on your mind?
ME: What year did the Orioles use green jerseys?
LL (getting defensive, sliding excessively close to me; I've been in MRIs a few times before without getting this claustrophobic): Why, you have one?
ME: No, but I know someone who does. I just figured I'd ask if you knew for sure.
LL: Well, it could have been from a lot of years, and it could've been from three different spring training locations. I/we (I can't remember specifically which he said) acquired about 200 jerseys and batting helmets and everything came from there. I've never seen a picture or video of them being used and I didn't see them live being used. All the authentication came from just being in that big order.
ME (undoubtedly with a quizzical look): Um, okay. Thanks. (walk away)

So there you have it....the story of a green Orioles jersey, straight from Lampson's mouth.

Jason
08-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Was he wearing his hat?

ironmanfan
08-02-2007, 09:53 PM
So there you have it....the story of a green Orioles jersey, straight from Lampson's mouth.

Interesting, why hasn't anyone in the hobby seen ONE other St. Patricks's Day Orioles jerseys from this "hoard" of 200...Where are the Jim Dwyer, John Stefero, Floyd Rayford, Leo Hernandez, Ken Dixon, Bob Bonner, Ralph Rowe, Joe Nolan, etc. St. Patty's Days tops? Why is the ONLY one that has EVER surfaced in over twenty years was a Ripken Jr.? What a coincidence.....

I'll be honest with you in that whoever doctored this Ripken up probably did a Eddie Murray as well and that unfortunately most likely sits in the collection of someone who just doesn't know...

The last year that the Orioles wore Wilson was in 1983 (they made the Orange alternates)....