Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinstripes
    • Jan 2007

August Pick-ups

Well it's now the month of August and i figured we could use a new thread for new August purchases. Here are a couple of mine which i just snagged off of MLB Auctions.
    Attached Files
    Looking for Matt Kemp GU Items
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: August Pick-ups

I just picked up Mike Bordick's game used 2000 World Series bat. It even has nice WS ball marks (gold stamping) on the barrel. I was able to video match it during one of his at bats during game 3.

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by metsbats
      I just picked up Mike Bordick's game used 2000 World Series bat. It even has nice WS ball marks (gold stamping) on the barrel. I was able to video match it during one of his at bats during game 3.

David

Here are photos of this bat. (I hit submit a little too soon)
      Attached Files
      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• gameused
        • Nov 2005

Just got this David "Big Papi" Ortiz Nokona bat in, black barrel with a brown handle. Bat shows nice use with ball marks, deep seam marks, cleat marks and pine tar.
        Attached Files

Comment

• harpt
          • May 2007

I just picked up this Ted Simmons glove from MEARS. Recently, at a signing with Ted Simmons, I happened to be standing right next to Troy Kinunen as he was getting this glove signed. Simmons grabs the glove and starts saying "Hey, that's my Trapper...this is my Trapper" and then he signed it "MY TRAPPER-GAME USED"

I told myself--then and there--if Troy ever sells this glove I am going to buy it. I was excited to see it listed this week.
          Attached Files
          Scott Harpt
          scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
          Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• Sheffield11
            • Mar 2006

Just picked up a Manny Ramirez Game Used Cracked in half bat that i photomatched to a HR against the yanks. also buying another manny bat from Bobby (gameused), and a Roger Clemens GU 05 World Series Hat.
            Will post pics later.
            Anthony Bragg

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
              • Oct 2005

Metsbats - that Bordick is awesome. I was going to make a run at it but I figured you were in the hunt and I defered.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                • Oct 2005

I just picked up a black Louisville Slugger bat of Dane Sardinha. He had a cup of coffee with the Reds in 2003 and 2005 and now is with the Toledo Mud Hens (Tigers AAA) as a catcher. Bat is absolutely hammered with all of the right stuff. It has a moderate handle crack but its on one piece.

If any Tigers fans are interested, I'm taking best offers. I'm not going to put a price on it just yet. You can email me at Deputy7621@aol.com.

Jim

Comment

• dcrules01
                  • Nov 2005

I also had it on my watch list but stepped aside in after I saw David was bidding.Glad you won it congrats..
                  Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• metsbats
                    • Nov 2005

Thanks Scott! I owe you one buddy!
                    metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• gameused
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Pinstripes
                      Well it's now the month of August and i figured we could use a new thread for new August purchases. Here are a couple of mine which i just snagged off of MLB Auctions.

Pinstripes,

Nice! What players jerseys are these?

Comment

• brianborsch
                        • Dec 2005

It looks like negro league throwback jerseys of James Loney (#7) and Matt Kemp (#27). Just curious, how much did these end at? Last I saw they were in the $1,200 range. I wanted to bid, but it was way out of my price range.

Comment

• ham1963
                          • Apr 2006

I won the Randy Wolf from MLB Auctions

John

Comment

• metsbats
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
                            Metsbats - that Bordick is awesome. I was going to make a run at it but I figured you were in the hunt and I defered.

Vintagedeputy,

Thanks! This is one of the great things about the forum as we know what each other collect and try to help each other out. Though i'm not one to be bother if we all compete on a auction item i truly appreciate these type of gestures.

Regards
                            David
                            metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• XPFO
                              Banned
                              • May 2007

Here are my goodies...most came from the Tigers directly as I finally made it down there to claim everything I had bought.

Granderson TBTC full uniform/Granderson 2007 Road Set 1/Ordonez Negro League Jersey Unwashed

Magglio Ordonez TBTC jersey/pants with bat he used to hit his home run in that game...the bat is hammered and covered in pinetar, a real beauty

Gary Sheffield El Paso Diablo's Gary Sheffield Game worn BP/Sunday Game jerseys Mears A10/Alex Rios Set 1 Road Jersey 2006/Odalis Perez Negro Leagues jersey and hat
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...