PDA

View Full Version : 1945 big 10 champions

zonker
08-04-2007, 06:06 PM
old timer's this one's for you! does anyone by chance have a roster for this championship team! i think this was the first time indiana won a championship. looking to see if there was a guy named bob cannon on there. i purchased a lot from an estate sale in memphis about 10 years ago and in it was a championship 14 kt gold football charm with bob's name on 1 side and 1945 big 10 champions on the other. trying to see if this guy is still around and see if he would like this back. i would! just to pass it on since this could be a part of hoosier history. i forgot about having this until yesterday digging around looking for something else tried to research a few years ago and came up with nothing so any help would be greatly appreciated!

mdube16
08-05-2007, 08:24 AM
According to the IU media guide, they have never had a Bob Cannon play for them. There is also no Cannon listed as an asstant coach. Maybe he was a part of the Athletic Department. There was a John Cannady on that 1945 team.

You can see a list of all letterman in IU history starting on page 10 at:

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/ind/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/06expftblhist

zonker
08-05-2007, 08:51 AM
yeah it's weird. that's about all i ever came up with nothing, but on the ball under his name is "END" so i guees he would have had to been on the team? i appreciate you looking thank's

indiana9495
06-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Hi. I'm new to the board. I'm an IU grad and fan of game-used football and basketball IU items. I'm curious whatever happened with that ring? Thanks.

jbsportstuff
06-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi. I'm new to the board. I'm an IU grad and fan of game-used football and basketball IU items. I'm curious whatever happened with that ring? Thanks.
Welcome fellow Hoosier fan!!! GO IU

indiana9495
06-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Good to see another Hoosier fan here!