PDA

View Full Version : Which MLB Teams issue LOA's on Game Used Items?

PudgePollyMillerFan
08-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Being kinda new to the MBL collecting side of things.....I wondered which MLB teams issue LOA's with their game used/worn items? I know most do MLB Authentication Program now....but who still issue's LOA's and which teams use to? Just curious.....thanks for the helpful info!

athletics61
08-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the hobby! I can state that the Oakland Athletics issue letters of authenticity for the game worn jerseys they sell at their annual Fan Fest. I am sure other teams follow a similar path.

Don

dthedos@columbus.rr.com

kylehess10
08-06-2007, 05:37 PM
I know that the Rockies do, and the Mets/Yankees/Red Sox have Steiner. I believe the Cubs issue LOA's the the Cubs Convention and Braves use to but stopped at the beginning of 2006. I'm not sure about other teams though.

XPFO
08-06-2007, 05:40 PM
I have a couple of White Sox items with team LOA from the team garage sale.

jrhrlh
08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
The Pirates also issue a LOA with bats and jerseys. Very plain,looks like it was printed from a computer with no holo on the LOA or item.

woodbat
08-06-2007, 09:44 PM
All the game bats I have purchased, through the years from the St Louis Cardinals come with a team COA. It has the team letterhead and will list the player/team name on the bat, the model number, manufacture, color, additional characteristics/notes, marking on the knob, player who used the bat(if different from name on the bat). Example: My Pujols bat has the 5 marked out on the knob and a 3 placed, denoting Renteria also used the bat. This is specified on the COA. They are signed by various officers of the Cardinal organization. I do not get into any jerseys, hats, shoes gloves etc, but would think the Cardinals would also have COA's for them.