PDA

View Full Version : Bricol Corrects Roman Gabriel Lid...

aeneas01
08-06-2007, 05:39 PM
after reading hblakewolf's great thread regarding the lampson/kgj jersey currently listed at bricol, i decided to take a look at their auction to see if they happened to have any suspect vintage football helmets listed as well (fwiw, i had never heard of bricol before).

well, i have to say, when i got to their site it didn't take too long to find a real laugher - a vintage "game used/issued" roman gabriel rams helmet. this thing came complete with helmet hut repoduction jaw pads, facemask and rubber crown padding. the shell itself is either a helmet hut reproduction with an authentic vintage webbing added (which helmet hut will do for you) or a diy shell - hard to tell from the limited photos. frankly, considering how the webbing has been cut which is evident in the photos, it appears that this helmet might very well be one of flipsyr's fakes - flipsyr is a well-known ebayer that tries to pass off his diy knockoffs as authentic...

anyway, i' sure i wasn't alone in contacting bricol about this laugher - whatever the case, bricol has now changed their description to read "...reproduction helmet".

ps

fwiw i believe this forum has had a great impact on ebayer flipsyr's business by exposing him - his fakes once sold for $250+ on ebay and now rarely go for over $100. the same can be said for ebayer lambeauleeper who, as far as i can tell, no longer gets the prices he once did for his fakes...