PDA

View Full Version : Laimbeer Jersey in GF Auction

jdr3
08-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Does anyone else have trouble seeing Bill Laimbeer in a size 42 jersey while at Norte Dame? This guy has always been barrel chested. The Worthy UNC jersey, which is beautiful, is a 46, and he did not seem as thick as Laimbeer. On another note, the Bird jersey in the same auction seems a bit off. I do not recall ever seeing a celtics jersey from that era with rounded numerals made by sand knit.

kingjammy24
08-08-2007, 04:56 PM
laimbeer was 6'11", 245lbs.
worthy was 6'9", 225lbs.

"The Worthy UNC jersey, which is beautiful,.."

i'm curious about your thoughts on this:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=10077

rudy.

both-teams-played-hard
08-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Does anyone else have trouble seeing Bill Laimbeer in a size 42 jersey while at Norte Dame? This guy has always been barrel chested. The Worthy UNC jersey, which is beautiful, is a 46, and he did not seem as thick as Laimbeer. On another note, the Bird jersey in the same auction seems a bit off. I do not recall ever seeing a celtics jersey from that era with rounded numerals made by sand knit.

jdr3,
Seems a little small. I would think he was closer to a 44 (the youngsters out there probably think he wore a 58 + 4 inches of extra length). I don't know Laimbeer's college sizes. Maybe in his freshman year, he wore 42?
Did you see Rudy's post about the Worthy? Can't find a photo of any UNC player wearing the same numeral font as the "5". Thought you might have some photos. The Worthy post was from yesterday.

jdr3
08-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Rudy,

Could you please send me your email address.

Thanks,

Jim

jreed65844@aol.com